RELEASE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Patchouli, 5 drops of Ylang Ylang and 5 drops of Tangerine. Or add Patchouli to your Thera Lux Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
BODY LOTION: Add to a 4 ounce bottle with lotion pump: 3 drops of Patchouli and 3 drops of Lavender (Bulgarian or French), then fill with unscented body lotion and stir to mix well. Use as desired, after bath or shower.
SUGAR SCRUB: To exfoliate the skin and smooth the feel and appearance, mix together: 6 drops of Patchouli, 2 drops of Geranium, 3 drops of Frankincense and 4 drops of Orange. Add ½ cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of Jojoba and 1/4 cup of Sweet Almond oils. Stir to mix well. Use as a last step in the shower on wet skin. Gently massage 1 tablespoon at a time over the entire body, or focus on thighs and buttocks. Rinse and blot skin dry to seal in moisture; revel in the aroma left on your skin.
BODY BUTTER: Melt one ounce each Cocoa butter and Jojoba oil over low heat. Add: 8 drops of Patchouli, 5 drops of Orange, 2 drops of Cardamom and 5 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin. Blend together; as it cools it will thicken. Apply to dry skin or cracked feet. (1.7% dilution)
SHAMPOO: Add to 1 tablespoon of your shampoo: 1 drop of Patchouli and 2 drops of Rosemary. Massage well into the scalp; rinse well before using conditioner.
CLOSET SPRAY: In a 12 ounce spray bottle add: 55 drops of Patchouli, 45 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas) and 40 drops of Frankincense. Fill with 4 oz grain alcohol and 8 oz distilled water. Shake well before each use. Mist as needed to relieve musty smells and discourage pests.
More from the blog:
- Essential Oil Alternatives: Solid Perfume DIY
- Essential Oils For A Romantic Massage
- DIY: Essential Oil Infused Natural Facial Scrub
- Easy DIY Essential Oil Cologne for Father's Day
- 5 Essential and Carrier Oils for Beautiful Skin
- DIY Essential Oil Lotion Bars
- 5 Chemicals to Avoid in Beauty Products
- DIY: Avocado Cannabis Face Mask
- DIY Recipe: Essential Oil Shower Melts
- Essential Oils For Different Skin Types
- Is It Safe To Use Essential Oils During Pregnancy?
- Dear EG, Do Your Oils Have An Expiration Date?
- Essential Oil Blends For Wedding Festivities!
- 5 Essential Oil Roll-Ons For Men
- 5 Steps To Healthy Summer Skin!
- Turmeric Face Mask With Essential Oils DIY
- Our Sexiest Diffuser Blends
- An Essential Oil Guide To Holistic Relaxation
- EG's EO Guide To This Year's Music Festivals!
- Which Soap is Best for Your Skin Type?
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Avocado Oil
- DIY Belly Balm With Essential Oils
- Our List Of Thick Essential Oils And How To Use Them
- Our Favorite Woodsy Essential Oils + 3 Blend Recipes
- 6 Reasons Why We Love Patchouli Essential oil