Natural Remedy: Rosehip Oil for Scars and Wrinkles
Do laugh lines, crows feet and worry folds have you wishing you’d shown less emotions over the years? Some have said that the best way to keep from getting early wrinkles is to keep a straight face, but for those of us who wear our hearts on our sleeves, how do we reduce those inevitable lines? As essential oil lovers, we’re always looking for the natural alternative to drugstore cosmetics, which is why we’re excited to share an effective way to reduce age marks and scars, found in aromatherapy.
We want to start by looking at a popular product in the media these days: Rosehip Oil (Rosa rubiginosa). It’s been acclaimed for its skin nourishing properties by both naturalists and celebrities, such as Miranda Kerr and Kate Middleton. Some of the claims for Rosehip are that it effectively reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as scarring. But are these claims without rhyme or reason?
The Proof is in the Pudding
Through research and analysis of the components in essential oils, we are able to identify their therapeutic properties and get a better insight on what exactly they do. The same is true with plant-derived carrier oils. Rosehip Oil is derived from the seeds of the Rosehip fruit, which makes up about 70% of the fruit. The oil, which is cold pressed from the seeds, contains high amounts of linoleic acid and vitamin C, as well as a significant amount of trans-retinoic acid.
What Exactly Do These Components Do?
Linoleic acid is a key component in cell membranes and progresses cell regeneration, which in turn removes the appearance of scarring. Aromatherapists have praised linoleic acid for being the very best for regenerative skin care. Vitamin C both brightens complexion and diminishes dark spots. Finally, trans-retinoic acid has been studied and proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. All three components of Rosehip Oil are deeply penetrating, making it possible for this oil to work.
The Bottom Line
So is it worth it to go for Rosehip oil rather than depending on synthetically made creams and scar lotions? We leave that up to you decide, and recommend looking at what customers are saying about this product in Rosehip’s customer reviews. Overall, the main components that make up a majority of this oil, as well as growing research is proving Rosehip to be a natural and effective solution to reducing scars and wrinkles. But don’t just take our word for it, get it here and try it for yourself!
- Green, Mindy, and Kathi Keville. Aromatherapy a Complete Guide to the Healing Art. 2nd New York: Crossing, 1995. Print.
- London, Bianca. "Is Rosehip Oil the Secret behind the Duchess of Cambridge's Pregnancy
- Glow?" Daily Mail. Associated Newspapers, 09 Mar. 2015. Web. 01 June 2016.
- Oliver, Dana. "Rosehip Seed Oil: Why This Miracle Skincare Product Will Be The Next
- Coconut Oil." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 7 June 2013. Web. 01 June 2016.
- Romanowski, Perry. "Is Rose Hip Oil Good for Anti-aging? Episode 67." Is Rose Hip Oil
- Good for Anti-aging? Episode 67. The Beauty Brains. TheBeautyBrains.com, 27 Jan. 2015. Web. 01 June 2016.
- Tisserand, Robert, and Rodney Young. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. 2nd ed. London: Churchill Livingstone, 2014. Print.