A Coconut craze is upon us. From grocery store aisles to Facebook posts, we seem unable to escape the once forgotten fruit. However, Coconut carrier oil actually lives up to the hype. It’s everything you dream it could be and more (as long as you live in the real world).
Edens Garden provides a Fractionated Coconut oil. This odorless oil is a light, easily absorbed carrier that is ideal for applications such as massage and oil-based perfumes due to its non-greasy feel and quick penetration into the skin. Fractionated Coconut oil may have a more drying effect on the skin making it more ideal for oily skin types than others in cosmetic preparations.
Botanical Name: Cocos nucifera
Absorption: Non-greasy and absorbs easily into the skin
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: Indefinite
- Fractionated coconut oil is made by separating the long-chain fatty acids from coconut oil (which helps it solidify when cold.) This leaves the medium chain fatty acids and an oil stays in a more liquid state which makes it easier to blend into massage oil and with other aromatherapy products such as essential oils. It is otherwise known as an mct oil (medium-chain triglyceride).
- Fractionated coconut oil is hydrating and helps to soothe and soften skin in body care applications. It can help make skin more hydrated and pliable which can aid issues such as sketch marks. It's great for skin including face and lips as a lightweight moisturizer. Coconut oil can trap heat however so it is recommended to use on skin that is exposed to avoid irritation and itchy rash. There is also potential that coconut oil can potentially block about 20% of the sun's damaging rays when in direct sunlight (this is compared to SPF 30 products that can block 97% of damaging sun rays).
- Fractionated coconut oil is a natural emollient and noncomedogenic. This means as a lightweight carrier oil, it will not clog pores or leave your skin or hair oily. To use it in your hair, put a small amount onto your fingertips and lightly brush your fingers onto dry hair and brush hair using a wooden comb. Let it absorb into the hair for 15-30 minutes and thoroughly wash out the hair with shampoo 1-2 times.
- Edens Garden has an excellent Fractionated Coconut oil that is lightweight and clear in color. It can be used in skincare and body care products as well as blended with essential oils to ease irritation, dry skin and calm redness and for those looking to soften skin texture and suppleness. Added to hair care products for straight or curly hair to improve dry, damaged and brittle hair.
- According to Healthline, “Consuming fractionated coconut oil appears to be safe for most people. However, there have been reports of people experiencing digestive symptoms. These include stomach cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting, and they seem particularly common in children on an MCT-enriched ketogenic diet.”
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
The Alluring Hippie Perfume Oil
8 drops Bergamot
5 drops Australian Sandalwood
4 drops Patchouli
3 drops Allure Synergy blend
10ml roller bottle
Add the essential oils and Allure synergy blend to the roller bottle and then top to the shoulders with Coconut EGCO. Insert the roller top and cap. Turn the roller back and forth gently to mix well. Apply to pulse points and rub in. Please make sure any bergamot you use is furanocourmain-free (FCF). (10% dilution)
More from the blog: