Unveil the secret to a zestful life with Edens Garden Lime essential oil, a citrus symphony in every drop. Cold-pressed from the freshest lime peels, this oil is not just a burst of invigorating aroma but also a powerhouse of wellness that speaks to both body and mind. High in limonene, and celebrated for its cleansing prowess, it's no wonder that Lime essential oil is the go-to for a natural, effective surface cleanser, leaving everything from kitchen counters to your skin feeling pure and refreshed.
Imagine your space transformed by the exhilarating scent of Lime—this oil's ability to purify the air is matched only by its capacity to elevate your mood. Its versatility shines through when blended with Bergamot or a light floral, diffusing an aura of positivity wherever needed. And for the practical at heart, Lime oil is an indispensable hack for those pesky sticky residues or grimy spots; a dab on a cotton pad, a quick swipe, and voila—spotless and sparkling!
Incorporating Lime essential oil into your daily regimen is effortless. From creating a refreshing homemade room spray to crafting your very own all-natural solutions, the applications are endless. At Edens Garden, we promise affordability doesn’t compromise quality, ensuring each bottle of Lime essential oil offers you the luxury of wellness. Let Edens Garden Lime essential oil infuse your life with a wave of freshness and vitality that only nature can provide. Join us in celebrating healthier, happier living—scented with the pure, unbridled joy of lime.
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Bergamot, and other citrus; Geranium, and other florals
Aroma: Sweet, tropical, citrusy, rounded, and true to Lime aroma
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying topically.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Lime or Citrus aurantifolia contains high levels of limonene, making it an effective and natural surface cleanser. Diffusing Lime can deodorize and purify the air and surfaces and goes well in cleaning blends. Distilling Lime essential oil in the morning can also energize a room while relaxing the mind. It gives a mood boost to decrease melancholy and loan its cheerful aromatic that will turn the tide around by decreasing stress and emotional pressure. As a citrus oil, it can also act as an immune stimulant.
- Lime essential oil can be made by cold pressing or steam distilling the rinds/peel of the fruit. This particular version of Lime essential oil is cold pressed. Cold pressing mechanically separates the volatile oils in the peel and maintains the true nature of the essential oil and its properties. Cold pressed citrus oils are phototoxic and are not recommended for topical use over 1% in blends. Steam distilled Lime is better for topical blends as it is not phototoxic.
- If choosing to use Lime essential oil around your dog, it’s important to look out for warning signs such as behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy. Stop using essential oils around your dog if you notice these signs, and don’t use essential oils around small dogs, puppies and pregnant dogs. We don’t recommend applying essential oils to your pup or administering oils orally without consulting a holistic veterinarian. You may diffuse small amounts of oil around your dog, but be sure to do so in a well-ventilated room where your dog can leave if desired.
- It’s easier to understand how many limes it takes to make one bottle of essential oil rather than attempting to figure out how many drops of essential oil one Lime makes. In general, It would typically take about 30-40 limes to fill one 10 ml bottle of essential oil. In this respect you can understand how potent essential oils can be considering how much plant material it takes to make one small bottle. Typically in a 10 ml bottle you will have approximately 200 drops of essential oil.
- Essential oils are powerful, concentrated substances so a little goes a long way. Two of the most effective ways to use them is by way of inhalation and topical use. Drinking Lime essential oil is rarely necessary or recommended, no matter the brand. Essential oil ingestion can lead to adverse reactions such as medication contraindications, mucous membrane irritation, sensitization and nausea if done incorrectly. Therefore, if you wish to drink essential oils, we strongly recommend consulting with a knowledgeable professional with experience in internal use.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
TUMMY BLEND: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 6 drops of Lime, 2 drops of Ginger, 8 drops of Peppermint, 8 drops of Sweet Orange, then fill with Sweet Almond oil. Shake to mix well. Apply a teaspoon over the abdomen and massage. (2% dilution)
INHALER: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Lime, 5 drops of Tea Tree and 5 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus. Or add Lime to your Thera Lux Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
UPLIFT: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Lime, 5 drops of Basil and 5 drops of Lemon. Or add 5-6 drops of Lime to your Car Diffuser diffuser and diffuse for a more uplifting drive.
MENTAL FATIGUE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Lime, 5 drops of Rosemary and 5 drops of Peppermint. Or add 5-6 drops of Lime to your Scent Ball Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
INHALATION: Add the following to a 5 ml amber glass bottle: 25 drops of Lime, 40 drops of Eucalyptus and 35 drops of Tea Tree, then shake to mix well. Fill a bowl with steamy water; add to the bowl 2 drops of the essential oil mixture, covering your head and bowl with a towel to keep the steam in. Inhale through your nose, with eyes closed. Breathe in the vapors for several minutes, or as desired.
SUGAR SCRUB: To exfoliate the skin and smooth the appearance, mix together: 12 drops of Lime, 10 drops of Cypress, 12 drops of Tangerine and 14 drops of Grapefruit with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of Jojoba and 1/4 cup of Sesame oils. Stir to mix well. Best if used in the shower, on wet skin. Gently massage 1 tablespoon, or as much as needed, into problem areas. Rinsing away the sugar will leave the oils behind to work therapeutically, so you may want to use as a last step (using soap after will remove all traces of oil). Use a spoon to scoop out, and do not get product wet to prevent contamination.
BATHROOM SPRAY: In an 8 ounce sprayer add: 20 drops of Lime, 30 drops of Litsea, 15 drops of Lemon, 25 drops of Tea Tree, 20 drops of Patchouli, 18 drops of Cinnamon Bark and 16 drops of Peppermint, then fill with distilled water. Shake well before each use. Shelf life: 1 week
More from the blog: