Beneficial for both the skin and hair, Argan has a rich vitamin E content and is a beautiful addition to products such as hair masks and facial moisturizers. This natural emollient is able to penetrate with a supple, rejuvenating touch and provide your skin with the gentle, protective nourishment it craves. On the hair, just a light touch of Argan oil can tame flyaway hairs and frizz. Combine with your favorite essential oil or blend to lightly perfume your tresses!
This silky and softening oil leaves a silky feel after its application, and it is perfect for any luxurious formulations your imagination can create.
Botanical Name: Argania spinosa
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Mild vegetable oil aroma, very neutral
Color: Pale yellow to yellow/amber
Absorption: Silky, non-greasy, absorbs easily into the skin
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
- Argan oil is touted as one of the best carrier oils to use in hair care products. Phenol compounds as well as the antioxidants of the naturally occurring essential fatty acids found in Argan Oil have shown an ability to strengthen hair follicles on the scalp. On top of that the vitamin A & E found in the oil can improve scalp health. According to Healthline, Argan oil can moisturize your hair and scalp and protect your hair from everyday damage. By reducing breakage and split ends and keeping your scalp healthy, argan oil may help prevent hair loss to help users achieve thicker, fuller hair.
- Argan oil is made from the Argan tree (Argania spinosa) which is indigenous to Morocco and Algeria. This Moroccan oil is made by cold pressing the unroasted fruit kernels of the tree. It is loaded with fatty acids such as Oleic acid, Linoleic acid and Palmitic acid among others. It also contains traces of Vitamin E (tocopherol) and carotenoids that are beneficial for skin and hair. To keep the fatty acids viable and extend its shelf life, argan oil should be kept in a cold, dark location such as in a refrigerator.
- A comedogenic ingredient is a substance that has a high likelihood of clogging pores which can lead to acne, blemishes and blackheads. The comedogenic rating of Argan oil is 0 out of 5 (5 being the most severe clogging). Conclusively, this means that Argan oil won't clog most people's pores but for those whose skin is easily irritated due to sensitive skin or oily skin, it is recommended to perform a skin patch test of Argan oil on the inner arm for 24 hours before using over a larger portion of the body. If redness, itchiness or irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Argan oil can also be added to unscented shampoo to repair dry, brittle hair. As a natural anti-aging cosmetic, it has been added to face creams, lip balms, shampoos, moisturizers and soaps. Topically, Argan oil helps your body hydrate, moisturize and nourish the skin, showing an ability to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and tighten and firm skin including stretch marks. It is also widely used in hair care products and for use to strengthen nails.
- Edens Garden carries an Argan oil that is made with the refining process of cold pressing which keeps the nutrients in this carrier oil optimal. It has a mild neutral aroma and a light consistency. Its color is pale yellow to amber and it glides on your skin without being greasy and absorbs easily into skin due to its sebum-matching compounds. This natural emollient can be used to rejuvenate skin and give it a healthy glow and protective nourishment. For hair, just the smallest amount can help to tame frizzy, fly-away hair.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
Sweetly Scented Frizz Tamer
1 oz Argan Oil
18 drops Tranquility Synergy Blend
Add the Argan Oil and 18 drops of Tranquility Synergy Blend to a 1oz glass dropper bottle. Dispense 4-5 drops in your hands, rub together, and run through hair to help tame any flyaway strands!
More from the blog: