Traverse the rejuvenating and grounding properties of five Cedarwoods in one with this Around The World essential oil. Harvested from five different locations across the globe, each Cedarwood oil holds unique therapeutic benefits and aromas. More powerful when combined together, the Cedarwood oils unite to create a heightened aromatic experience with woodsy and sweet notes. Its many-sided therapeutic offerings make this oil a natural bug repellent, anti-inflammatory, and skin tonic. Diffuse this Around The World medley of Cedarwood to breathe in the majestic beauty of a wooded forest to stabilize your wellbeing.
Botanical Names: Juniperus mexicana, Juniperus virginiana, Cedrus deodara, Cedrus atlantica, Cupressus funebris
Origins: China, Morocco, Nepal, USA
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Wood
Blends Well With: Frankincense, Sandalwood, and blends exceptionally well with woods
Aroma: Rich, sweet, woody, clean and earthy
Color: Pale Yellow
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Cedarwood Around the World is a delightful combination of Texas Cedarwood, Cedarwood- Virginia, Cedarwood- Himalayan and Cedarwood Atlas and Cedarwood- Chinese. Each of these oils on its own has marvellous benefits, some of which overlap between the species of trees - making this blend a true powerhouse. This blend can be used blended into a carrier oil as a natural bug repellent, for stress relief and for its anti-inflammatory benefits and is well versed in controlling oily skin and other skin irritations. Made into a scalp massage oil with castor oil as a base, it has benefits for hair loss by aiding hair growth.
- Animals such as dogs metabolize essential oils very differently than humans. If choosing to use Cedarwood essential oil around your dog, it’s important to look out for warning signs such as behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy. Stop using essential oils around your dog if you notice these signs, and don’t use essential oils around small dogs, puppies and pregnant dogs. We don’t recommend applying essential oils to your pup or administering oils orally without consulting a holistic veterinarian. You may diffuse small amounts of oil around your dog, but be sure to do so in a well-ventilated room where your dog can leave if desired.
- Essential oils are powerful, concentrated substances so a little goes a long way. Two of the most effective ways to use them are by way of inhalation and topical use. Ingesting Cedarwood essential oil is rarely necessary or recommended, no matter the brand. Ingestion can lead to adverse reactions such as medication contraindications, mucous membrane irritation, sensitization and nausea if done incorrectly. Therefore, if you wish to take essential oils internally, we strongly recommend consulting with a knowledgeable professional with experience in internal use.
- According to studies, Cedrol, an active component in Cedarwood essential oil can be used on dogs to help control fleas, ticks and their larvae. Cedarwood oil diluted in a carrier oil or made into a spray can be used on dogs fur/skin to kill existing fleas and prevent new ones from landing and biting.
- According to studies of Cedarwood essential oil and the wood, Cedarwood is an effective pesticide and repellent against moths and larvae. The vapor from Cedarwood and the oil is toxic to moths and larvae and carries minimum risk as a pesticide to humans, pets and other animals. If using as a topical remedy on pets, be sure to dilute Cedarwood essential oil as you would any other essential oil into a 3-5% solution in 1 oz of carrier oil or as a topical spray with a small amount of grain alcohol, letting it sit for a few hours and then topping the bottle off with distilled water.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.