But the benefits of Virginian Cedarwood go beyond its enchanting scent. When applied topically, it serves as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, helping to soothe tense, sore muscles. Imagine ending your day with a gentle massage using our Virginian Cedarwood oil—doesn't that sound like the perfect recipe for relaxation?
The magic of Virginian Cedarwood also extends to decision-making. Diffusing this essential oil can provide the clarity and support you need when facing difficult decisions. So, why not incorporate it into your daily routine? Remember to dilute it with a carrier oil before topical application and always perform a patch test first. Discover the warmth and romance of Virginian Cedarwood today—your senses will thank you!
Botanical Name: Juniperus virginiana
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Wood
Blends Well With: Fir Balsam, Fir Needle, Ho Wood, Nootka Tree, Buddha Wood and Arborvitae
Aroma: Strongly sharp, woody and dry with a hint of smokiness. Reminiscent of pencil shavings
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Mood swings can be caused by a number of reasons , Cetrain triggers such as diet, sleep issues, stress, weather, substance use, or trauma can all have a deleterious effect on the psyche. The perfume aromatic of Cedarwood is a known to support ones confidence and ground the spirit which in turn relieves stress and can ease tension. These properties along can help to usher in peaceful sentiments. Try using Cedarwood in a diffuser at home and breathe in the relaxing beauty of this wood. Add 6-10 drops of Cedarwood essential oil to 100 ml of water. Diffuse intermittently an hour at a time when needed.
- According to Healthline, high blood pressure also known as hypertension is a common malady among adults that can lead to heart attacks and strokes if left untreated. Cedarwood has been found to promote relaxation and temporarily decrease heart rate. So in short, Cedarwood essential oil is used to relax the mind and body, reduce stress and anxiety in turn calming the body in mind. These effects in total would suggest that Cedarwood has an ability to actually lower blood pressure.
- Cedarwood oil has a perfect union of properties to deal with any type of skin conditions. This oil is at once antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. Due to these qualities, Cedarwood is beneficial for skin conditions like acne, oily skin, scars and calming other skin irritation because of its ability to control bacteria. Studies have shown that cedarwood is an effective treatment in alleviating even stubborn acne breakouts. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to do a skin patch test with any new oils before applying in larger areas.
- There are numerous mentions of an reduction in dandruff and an improvement in hair growth using essential oils on line, in particular Cedarwood, but not an plethora of research studies none of which were found to mention the chemotype studied. However, in one summarized study on Cedarwood essential oil, a group of eighty-six patients diagnosed as having alopecia areata in which a person suffers from a hair loss causing patches of baldness, results found that 44% of the active group patients showed improvement compared with only 6 in the control group. More studies are needed to confirm these findings.
- Cedarwood Virginia oil is one of the most cherished and welcoming aromas. As such, it makes a beautiful personal aroma. Once you’ve diluted your Cedarwood Virginia oil, we recommend applying it to your pulse points to help you relax, such as the inner elbows, neck, behind the knees or wrists. The pulse points give off a gentle warmth which helps to diffuse aromas making it an excellent area of application naturally. This is also an optimal location for absorption and therapeutic action.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.