Botanical Name: Cocos nucifera
Method: CO2 Extracted
Plant Part: Pulp
Blends Well With: Cinnamon Bark or Leaf, Coffee, Cognac, Grapefruit, Peru Balsam, Vanilla and Yuzu
Aroma: Similar to Coconut milk and pulp
Consistency: Slightly thick
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 5 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- While there are many essential oil companies in the market today, Edens Garden has consistently risen above the competition and is considered the best source for 100% pure Coconut CO2 (Cocos nucifera) oil. We strive to offer unparalleled value and wellness in every drop of essential oil we carry (without the outrageous MLM markups). Our oils are third-party GC/MS tested for 100% purity, safety and quality so you can rest assured that you’re getting the very best. Furthermore, our top-quality oils are a reflection of the hard work and expertise of our partner farms and distilleries. We support farms that put people first and uphold rigorous quality standards. We also give back a percentage of all Edens Garden profits to a variety of organizations that are building a better tomorrow, so you can feel good about your purchase.
- CO2 refers to an essential oil extraction method from carbon dioxide. CO2 extraction is relatively new to the world of aromatherapy. Originally, carbon dioxide was used to extract oil from plants to be used as flavorings, aromas and in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. Coconut CO2 extracts are special in that they can retain more of the natural medium chain fatty acids found in Coconut giving you the benefit of the reward especially as it relieves dry skin, hydrates skin and calms redness. Coconut CO2 helps to reduce inflammation while promoting deep hydration.
- Just like any essential oil we highly recommend using them diluted. Essential oils and CO2 extract essential oils are highly concentrated and can potentially be skin irritating of used neat. For topical nourishing skin applications, blend Coconut CO2 with a carrier oil at a 2-3% dilution. Unsure of how to dilute essential oils? Check out our dilution guide and the various ways to blend essential oils and make DIY skincare products and massage oils.
- Long used in the perfume industry as a fragrance, Coconut CO2 is a base note that fixes a blend and has properties that are antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal, reduce Inflammation and alleviate pain. First and foremost, due to its fatty acid content and myristic, captic, and caprylic acids, it is commonly used in skincare products to relieve dry skin conditions as well as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other sensitive skin issues. It can help to moisturize the skin and allows for faster healing time. The fatty acids also act as antifungal agents. Its aroma, reminiscent of the beach on a hot day, is very uplifting and reduces stress.
- While we don’t have an essential oil to compare our Coconut CO2 to, we can compare it to our Fractionated Coconut carrier oil. Coconut CO2 and Coconut carrier oil both primarily contain fatty acids rather than volatile molecules, making Coconut CO2 quite different from essential oils. On average, Coconut CO2 contains a high amount of lauric acid and significant amounts of myristic acid, capric acid and caprylic acid. Unlike Coconut carrier oil, Coconut CO2 is much more aromatic with an aroma like coconut milk and pulp. Like Coconut carrier oil, Coconut CO2 is skin moisturizing, healing, rejuvenating, and works to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Similar yet unique from essential oils, CO2 extraction results in an oil containing heavier plant molecules, which produces richer therapeutic properties, a longer shelf life and aromas closer to the plants they’re derived from.
Apply Topically: Our CO2s are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new CO2 or essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite CO2s using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our aromatherapy blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.