With anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial properties, Blue Cypress is touted as being an exceptional oil for the skin. Blue Cypress will give an incredible boost to your beauty routine.
Its subtly sweet, smoky and woody aroma can be grounding during times of emotional discomfort and unease. Steam distilled, Blue Cypress can enhance Amyris, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cedarwood and Cistus blends.
Not sure which Cypress is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Botanical Name: Callitris intratropica
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Wood
Blends Well With: Amyris, Bergamot and other citrus and wood oils
Aroma: Woody, slightly minty, subtly sweet, Sandalwood-like
Color: Light blue
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2-3 years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Blue Cypress essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser for respiratory ailments per 100 ml of water. 2.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go emotional support and therapeutic use. 3.) Create a spray by combining 20 drops Blue Cypress and 1 tablespoon 190-proof grain alcohol in a glass spray bottle. After a few hours, add 3 tablespoons of distilled water. Spray onto surfaces and in the air to refresh your space.
- Blue Cypress, Callitris intratropica, has a slightly thick disposition as an essential oil with a subtly sweet, smoky and woodsy aroma. This oil is a base note derived mostly from its sesquiterpenol and sesquiterpene content. As a base note, it's a great fixative for essential oil blends and its long shelf life of eight years can extend the life of blends made with top note oils. As with all essential oils, we advise storing them away from sunlight and heat.
- Blue Cypress is steam distilled from its wood and has blue tinge that arises during steam distillation due to the constituent guaiazulene. Guaiazuleneis an anti-inflammatory compound. As a base note it has an 8 year shelf life and its benefits include: anti-inflammatory, analgesic (muscles, joints and abdominal pain) and antibacterial actions. Added to massage oil blends for the skin - it can reduce irritation,redness,oily skin and itchiness and can mollifying dry skin and irritated skin conditions such as psoriasis, hives and even bug bites. The Aboriginal people have used Blue Cypress historically to relieve achy muscles and joints by reducing pain, inflammation and swelling of arthritic conditions.
- Italian Cypress, when distilled is crystal clear. Its thin consistency and high monoterpene it has a short shelf life and its content enables it to assist clear breathing and safeguard your health between seasons. It is a known antiseptic, can reduce overactive sweat glands, improve circulation and ease tension. Blue Cypress is steam distilled from its wood and has blue tinge that arises during steam distillation due to the constituent guaiazulene. Guaiazuleneis an anti-inflammatory compound. As a base note it has an 8 year shelf life and its benefits include: anti-inflammatory, analgesic (muscles, joints and abdominal pain) and antibacterial actions. Added to blends for the skin - it can reduce irritation,redness,oily skin and itchiness and can mollifying skin conditions such as psoriasis, hives and even bug bites. Traditionally it relieve achy muscles and joints by reducing inflammation and swelling of arthritic conditions.
- Blue Cypress is not recommended for use during pregnancy. With that being said, during your first trimester or if you are having a difficult pregnancy or are considered high-risk, we do not recommend using essential oils at all. We do, however, recommend, after the first trimester, to use essential oils minimally at a 1% dilution if used topically so that you don't overwhelm your system. Always remember that less is more and that you only need a few drops to reap the relaxing benefits of essential oil and to protect your baby. As far as diffusing, it is recommended that you do not diffuse for long periods of time and use only in a well-ventilated room. For example, try opening a window while your diffuser is running.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
PROBLEM BUMPS: Combine 3 drops Blue Cypress, 3 drops Tea Tree and top off with Fenugreek in a 10 ml roll-on bottle. Apply to desired area.
SPORTS MASSAGE: Mix 7 drops Blue Cypress, 5 drops Cajeput, 3 drops Clove Bud and 1 oz Hemp carrier oil. Massage desired areas.
INHALATION: Add 1-2 drops of Blue Cypress to a bowl of boiling water. Sitting comfortably in a chair, close your eyes and place your face over the bowl. Place a towel over your head and the bowl and inhale the steam for about 5 minutes.
SOOTHING SKIN: Combine 10 drops Blue Cypress and 5 drops Frankincense Sacra to 1 oz of Prickly Pear Seed carrier oil. Apply to desired areas. Reduce recipe to 5 drops Blue Cypress and 1 drops Frankincense Sacra for use on the face.
PURIFYING: Diffuse a blend of Blue Cypress and Cypress for 15-20 minutes.
More from the blog: