Step into a world of luxurious aromas with Edens Garden's Davana essential oil. Exceptionally rare, Davana is the diamond of the aromatherapy world, boasting a unique aroma that sets it apart from the rest. Its fruity, grape-like scent, loved by perfumeries worldwide, enhances any fragrance, adding an air of sophistication and elegance.
Davana is a prized gift from nature, belonging to the Asteraceae family—commonly known as the "daisy family." This fragrant, flowering herb, native to India, was widely used in ancient Ayurvedic medicine for its mood-uplifting properties, ability to decongest and deter microbes/bacteria, and its rich antioxidant content. With Edens Garden's commitment to quality, you can be sure that every drop of our Davana essential oil, extracted through steam distillation, carries the essence of this remarkable plant.
Incorporating Davana into your daily routine is a breeze. Add a few drops to your diffuser to fill your space with its luxurious aroma, or blend it with Rose or your favorite floral essential oil for a chic personal fragrance. For a soothing massage, mix Davana with carrier oil. If you're feeling creative, why not experiment with DIY skincare? Combine Davana with your preferred lotion or cream and treat your skin to its antioxidant benefits. Remember, always do a patch test before topical use and dilute with a carrier oil. Join us in celebrating the exquisite aroma and wellness benefits of Davana essential oil – a true gem in the world of aromatherapy! Experience the magic of Davana today!
Botanical Name: Artemisia pallens
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Whole Plant
Blends Well With: Rose, and other florals
Aroma: Sweet, fruity, and watermelon-like
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Davana essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Artemisia pallens is the Latin binomial for the plant Davana. Part of the daisy herbal family it belongs to the Asteraceae family. The plant grows to about a foot in height and is native to India. The entire plant is put through a steam distillation process to extract the essential oil. It blends well in relaxation blends with Rose and other floral oils.
- Ayurvedic medicine prized this oil for a number of activities including: uplifting mood while offering relaxation, for the respiratory system to curtail a cough, alleviate phlegm and breathing problems as well as lessen the severity of a cold. It also revered for its ability to reduce pain in the joints as well as ease headaches. As a cleansing agent it is antimicrobial and antibacterial. As an antioxidant it can scavenge for free radicals in the body and can help to beautify the skin.
- Davana has a captivating aroma that is at once sweet and exotic. Its warms lends itself a bit of sensuality that imparts wood notes and hints of fruit. The perfume industry uses the prized oil to add a warmth and radiace to a blend that promotes a relaxing ambiance. When using Davana, you only need a drop or two to give a blend a new soft twist which will help to remove from the room any sense of anxiety, stress, tension and irritability.
- Davana belongs to the Asteracae family which includes everything from lettuce to daisies to chamomile, sunflowers, dandelions and yarrow. It is part of a family that includes at least 20,000 other herbs shrubs, flowers and trees. Most of the plants in this family grow in moist temperate regions. The flowers of this group have petals that are joined at the base with tips that are separate from each other.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
MASSAGE OIL: Add to a 4 ounce squeeze bottle: 8 drops of Davana, 2 drops of Ylang Ylang, 5 drops of Chamomile (Roman) and 5 drops of Orange, then fill with Jojoba oil. Shake to mix well. Apply to the skin after bath or for full body massage. (1.7% dilution)
BODY BUTTER: Melt: one ounce each of Cocoa butter and Jojoba oil over low heat. Add 10 drops of Davana, 2 drops of Nutmeg, 5 drops of Cocoa, 3 drops of Cardamom and 10 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin. Blend together; as it cools it will thicken. Apply to dry skin or cracked feet. (2.5% dilution)
SUGAR SCRUB: To exfoliate the skin and smooth the appearance, mix together: 10 drops of Davana, 10 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas), 12 drops of Tangerine and 2 drops of Vetiver. Add ½ cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of Jojoba and 1/4 cup of Sesame oils. Stir to mix well. Use a spoon to scoop scrub out. Gently massage 1 tablespoon at a time over the entire body. Rinse and blot skin dry to seal in moisture; revel in the aroma left on your skin. Avoid getting scrub wet to prevent contamination. (1.4% dilution)
INHALATION: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Davana, 2 drops of Ylang Ylang and 10 drops of Mandarin. Or add Davana to your Thera Lux Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
More from the blog: