Blue Eucalyptus is more than just an aromatic delight; it's also known for its potent anti-inflammatory properties. It's been praised over the years for its ability to support respiratory health, making it a go-to choice for diffusion and steams. When applied topically, Blue Eucalyptus works wonders in soothing sore muscles, offering you the comfort you need after a long day.
Incorporating Blue Eucalyptus into your daily routine is simple and beneficial. Add a few drops to your diffuser for an uplifting ambiance, or blend it with a carrier oil for a relaxing massage. For a DIY skincare treat, mix Blue Eucalyptus with your preferred lotion or cream. Remember, always do a patch test before topical use and dilute with a carrier oil. With Blue Eucalyptus essential oil, you're not only investing in an aromatic treasure but also in your wellness journey. Experience the magic of Blue Eucalyptus today!
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus bicostata
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Blends Well With: Peppermint, Spearmint, Camphor, Cajeput, Tea Tree, Saro and Ravintsara
Aroma: Clean, medicinal, refreshing and ultra cooling
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children.
Adult Max Dilution: 20%
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Animals such as dogs metabolize essential oils very differently than humans. And with a sense of smell 10,000 to 100,000 times more acute than humans, animals are more affected by essential oil diffusion than one might think. With that said, due to Eucalyptus essential oil’s many precautions toward dogs, we don’t recommend using this oil around your dog. If you’ve already used Eucalyptus essential oil around your dog and notice behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy, move your dog to fresh air and contact your veterinarian. If you wish to use Eucalyptus essential oil without affecting your dog, inhale it using an Essential Oil Inhaler and Mio Mist Diffuser or use it topically.
- It has a typical aromatic of Eucalyptus that is fresh and menthol-like. Used in a diffuser or with steam inhalation, Blue Eucalyptus will support respiratory health. For the emotional state it will help to clear the mind and help center and focus when needing to finish tasks. It is uplifting, encouraging and soothing when a feeling of exhaustion sets in giving those who breathe in its beauty a more positive outlook.
- Eucalyptus- Blue, by its Latin name, Eucalyptus bicostata, is a tree in the Myrtaceae family from Australia also known as the Blue Gum Eucalyptus tree. When steam distilled from the leaves, it makes an top note essential oil with a clear and thin consistency. Its aromatic is similar to other Eucalyptus oils with its sharp, clean, enlivening and menthol-like notes. This fresh aromatic can usher in calming vibes to finish tasks. It is lauded for its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to improve respiratory health. Applied topically in a massage oil blend for pain and aches, it will soothe sore muscles.
- Eucalyptus- Blue is a safe oil to use on the skin but we wholly recommend making sure that you dilute it properly in blend with a carrier oil or butter such as Shea and beeswax. As with all essential oils including any of the Eucalyptus oils, they are very concentrated and if used undiluted can potentially cause skin irritation. It can work incredibly well in salves to repair skin damage and irritation and help reduce the appearance of and heal scars.
- Due to the constituent 1,8 cineole found in Eucalyptus oils, cerebral blood flow is generally increased when any Eucalyptus oil is used in a blend. It can improve cognitive performance making it an oil that would suggest use when you need to stay awake and well focused. Even so, It makes a better essential oil to use for its analgesic, antimicrobial and respiratory properties in blends for soothing sore muscles, cleaning, deodorizing and ushering in clear and unhindered breathing rather than for sleep blends.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.