Botanical Name: Agonis fragrans
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Branches
Blends Well With: Eucalyptus Blue, Manuka, Kunzea, Niaouli, Nerolina, Palmarosa and Tea Tree
Aroma: Fresh, medicinal and earthy with a sweet, floral complexity
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 5 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Fragonia® has a tea tree like aromatic that is softer and more pleasant with sweet undertones. It carries soft floral and green notes with hints of citrus and woodiness and a slightly spicy underside. Its calming aroma makes it a special addition to home remedies for tranquility, stress relief and sleep as well as for blends to aid respiratory health and focus.
- There are several ways to effectively use Fragonia® essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage for inflammation and tired muscles. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt to boost magnesium levels and give relief to tired muscles. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- According to online sources the Paperbark Company grows, harvests and distills a specific chemotype of Agonis fragrans (aka Taxandria fragrans) and trademarked the name Fragonia® so that only the essential oil derived from Agonis fragrans can use Fragonia® as its common name. All trustworthy essential oil that carries the name Fragonia® originates from The Paperbark Co.
- Fragonia® oil is known to powerfully soothe pain and inflammation. To use it for this purpose, dilute it to 3% by combining 18 drops Fragonia® and 1 oz carrier oil or unscented lotion. Alternatively, add 3 drops to a 10 ml roll-on and top off with carrier oil. Apply it topically to the area of concern. For internal pain, headaches and even grief, diffuse 10 drops Fragonia® per 100 ml of water in an essential oil diffuser.
- 1.) Diffuse Fragonia® at bedtime when feeling a little restless. It has an anxiety calming ability to help put your mind to rest so you can get the sleep you need. Add 6-10 drops of Fragonia® to 100 ml of water in a diffuser and turn on the machine intermittently for an hour at a time. 2.) blend 8 drops of Fragonia® into an essential oil roll-on with carrier oil such as Arnica to help with sore muscles. 3.) Use it in a massage oil blend to boost immunity and ease respiratory conditions. Add 15-18 drops of Fragonia® essential oil to a carrier oil and massage on the chest and back.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.