Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Jasmine flowers have one of most exquisite aromas on the planet. The captivating aroma is layered with heady, floral-sweetness. Jasmine absolute oil harmonizes well with almost all other floral aromas Just a drop of this precious oil imparts elegance, balance and smoothness in perfume creations or aromatherapy massage oils.
Jasmine tea is consumed throughout China (and much of the world). In parts of India, Jasmine flowers are used in worship, marriage ceremonies and festivals.
An evergreen shrub or vine up to 30 feet high, the Jasmine plant has delicate, bright green leaves and star-shaped fragrant white flowers. The flowers are typically white or yellow in color, although in some instances they can be slightly reddish.
Jasmine oil is one of the costlier oils because it takes millions of jasmine blossoms to produce just 1 kilo of absolute oil. Each fresh blossom must be carefully harvested by hand so as not to bruise the flower, which can produce unpleasant aroma notes. Jasmine cannot be distilled because the high heat of the process destroys the delicate aroma of the flower.
A natural solvent must be used, resulting in an extract known as an absolute. This method of absolute extraction captures pigment and waxes from the plant, resulting in an essence that is thick, dark orange and deeply intense - a little goes a long way. And, all traces of the solvent are removed leaving only the purest Jasmine flower absolute obtainable.
Botanical Name: Jasminum sambac
Method: Solvent Extracted
Plant Part: Flowers
Blends Well With: Rose, Osmanthus, Damiana and other florals. Nova Mandarin, Key Lime and other citruses
Aroma: Intensely sweet and floral with hints of balsamic warmth. True to Jasmine flowers
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Adult Max Dilution: 4%
Shelf Life: 4 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Animals such as dogs metabolize essential oils very differently than humans. If choosing to use Jasmine oil around your dog, it’s important to look out for warning signs such as behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy. Stop using essential oils around your dog if you notice these signs, and don’t use essential oils around small dogs, puppies and pregnant dogs. We don’t recommend applying essential oils to your pup or administering oils orally without consulting a holistic veterinarian. You may diffuse small amounts of oil around your dog, but be sure to do so in a well-ventilated room where your dog can leave if desired.
- Jasmine absolute is an essential oil made by solvent extracted from hand picked fresh blossoms of deciduous plants in India at nighttime or early the morning before the sun rises. The solvent creates what is called a “concrete” from which the essential oil is extracted using ethyl alcohol. Some essential oils are made by alcohol extraction to protect the essential oil properties.
- Jasmine has a perfume aroma that is unmatched in aromatherapy. It naturally gives an incredible mood boost, eases stress and can uplift the mind. It can boost self confidence and gifts the user with serene calm. As a purported aphrodisiac, It offers self-love and connections with others. In skincare, its luscious aroma not only gives off a tranquil mood but can offer a clear complexion due to its ability to reduce free radicals as well as its antioxidant and antibacterial and skin cell regeneration properties.
- Because essential oils are 100% pure and undiluted, only a little is needed to be effective. To use Jasmine essential oil on your skin, we recommend first diluting it in a high quality carrier oil such as Jojoba Oil or Rosehip Seed Oil for a natural glow. For facial use, dilute Jasmine oil to 1% by combining 1 ounce of carrier oil with 6 drops of Jasmine oil. A massage oil can be diluted to 3% by combining 1 ounce of carrier oil with 18 drops of Jasmine oil. Using undiluted essential oils topically can cause skin irritation and for this reason, we always recommend diluting your essential oil for dermal use.
- Jasmine absolute oil, Jasminum sambac, is made via solvent extraction. In solvent extraction, a solvent is combined with plant material. The solvent draws the oil out of the plant material, and the solvent and oil are then carefully separated. While it may not be possible to make Jasmine oil at home, you can make aromatic hydrosol water that contains many of the same therapeutic benefits as an essential oil. Click here for instructions on how to make your own hydrosol.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
CHEER: Jasmine can also be used to as a natural remedy to uplift your mood and help ease anxiety. Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Jasmine, 5 drops of Lime and 5 drops of Lemon. Or add 5-6 drops Jasmine to your Car Diffuser and diffuse for a delightful drive.
RELEASE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Jasmine, 5 drops of Ylang Ylang and 5 drops of Sweet Orange. Or add Jasmine to your Thera Lux Nebulizing Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
DRY, MATURE SKIN: Add Jasmine to your skin care routine. Add 1 drop of Jasmine to 2 teaspoons of Rosehip oil. Blend and apply to the face, throat and the back of hands. (0.5% dilution)
BATH SALTS: Combine: 2 drops of Jasmine, 1 drop of Geranium, 1 drop of Frankincense (Carterii) and 2 drops of Orange with 1 tablespoon of Jojoba oil and 1/2 cup of Epsom salts. Add to full bath and soak your troubles away.