Botanical Name: Bursera delpechiana
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Wood
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Thyme, Coriander Seed, Lavender, Rose and Jasmine
Aroma: Clean, sweet, gently fruity and floral with a hint of musk
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 5-6 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Linaloe Wood, Bursera delpechiana, comes from the native Mexican Linaloe tree that can survive dry seasons by storing water in its bark. It is a smallish tree reaching heights of 16-23 feet. The leaves can grow up to 8” long and give off a sweet aroma when crushed. The flowers develop into small green egg shaped fruit that ripens to a reddish brown. The essential oil however is made from the wood of the tree through steam distillation.
- Animals such as dogs metabolize essential oils very differently than humans. If choosing to use Linaloe Wood essential oil around your dog, it’s important to look out for warning signs such as behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy. Stop using essential oils around your dog if you notice these signs, and don’t use essential oils around small dogs, puppies and pregnant dogs. We don’t recommend applying essential oils to your pup or administering oils orally without consulting a holistic veterinarian. You may diffuse small amounts of oil around your dog, but be sure to do so in a well-ventilated room where your dog can leave if desired.
- While there are many essential oil companies in the market today, Edens Garden has consistently risen above the competition and is considered the best source for 100% pure Linaloe Wood essential oil. We strive to offer unparalleled value and wellness in every drop of essential oil we carry (without the pesky MLM markups). Our oils are third-party GC/MS tested for 100% purity, safety and quality so you can rest assured that you’re getting the very best. Furthermore, our top-quality oils are a reflection of the hard work and expertise of our partner farms and distilleries. We support farms that put people first and uphold rigorous quality standards. We also give back a percentage of all Edens Garden profits to a variety of organizations that are building a better tomorrow, so you can feel good about your purchase.
- The properties of Linaloe Wood come from its constituents which carry nearly 85% Linalool making it similar to Ho Wood in this property. It also carries a small amount of Geraniol and a-pinene giving it a unique character. For skin, as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, it can help to improve skin irritation such as redness, rashes, and stretch marks with its rejuvenating properties leaving skin glowing.
- Sweet and floral it loans its cheerful mood giving those who use it a confident air. Its sweetness is toned with the soft aroma of this wood oil which also has hints of floral due to the amount of linalool content found in this oil which also gives it its similarity to both Ho Wood and Rosewood.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.