Moringa is taking the skincare industry by storm for its abundant and powerful skincare applications. Antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory, Moringa helps to restore and defend skin from common pollutants and signs of aging. For best results, use it both morning and night.
Method: Expeller Pressed
Aroma: Nutty, earthy aroma
Consistency: Liquid at room temperature
Color: Pale yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 3 Years
- This oil is pale, green gold and is from the expeller pressed seeds of the Moringa tree, aka Drumstick tree and the Miracle tree, that is native to northern India. Its long and varied use in skin care dates back to ancient civilizations of India, Egypt, Greece and Rome. Its main constituents of Oleic acid and palmitic acid give the oils its benefit of assisting all skin types.
- Its extremely high content of Oleic acid (77%) gives the oil its emollient effect and helps the skin retain its moisture while also managing oily skin - the skin absorbs the oil without leaving a greasy residue. For those with dry, chapped and mature skin, oleic acid can help to hydrate and lock in moisture. Its Vitamin E content can assist as an antioxidant, fighting free radicals and reducing oxidative stress.
- Edens Garden has an excellent Moringa oil that is refined and expeller pressed. It has a pale light yellow color and is extracted from the seeds of the Moringa tree and made with the expeller pressed extraction method. It can be used in skincare and body care products as well as blended with essential oils that reduce inflammation, dry skin and redness and for those looking to improve skin texture and suppleness. Added to hair care products for straight or curly hair to encourage hair growth and improve the texture and body of hair.
- Moringa oleifera goes by many names including drumstick tree, miracle tree or ben oil tree. It has many properties that are advantageous to health and is suitable for human consumption. It is loaded with A and B Vitamins and Minerals including folate, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and zinc. It can also be a good substitute for olive oil in the diet for its health benefits which include antifungal, antiviral, antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is not recommended for pregnant women or women who wish to become pregnant and can have risks with certain medications such as those for the thyroid, for blood pressure, diabetes. The liver may also decrease the rate at which certain medications break down. Before taking Moringa oil, please first consult your medical doctor.
- Moringa Seed Oil is very beneficial with its has powerful anti-inflammatory properties in helping to reduce redness, irritation and even acne. It does not leave your skin greasy and while it minimizes redness and inflammation it will not over dry or damage the skin. Try blending it into a facial oil blend with floral essential oils to further reduce redness, irritation and inflammation.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.