But Nova Mandarin is more than just a delightful fragrance. Its cleansing properties make it a valuable addition to your skincare arsenal. Imagine saying goodbye to blemishes, easing redness, and softening the signs of aging with a few drops. One of our loyal customers shared how incorporating Nova Mandarin into their daily routine helped them rediscover their skin's youthful glow without breaking the bank. For those crafting natural deodorants or seeking to freshen up their homes, adding this essential oil means embracing both purity and potency, making every corner feel clean and alive.
Embrace the simplicity of using Nova Mandarin oil in your daily life with these easy tips. Mix it with a carrier oil for a homemade face serum that targets skin imperfections, or add a drop to your dryer balls for laundry that carries the invigorating aroma of mandarins. Mix it with water in a spray bottle for a quick, all-natural room refresher. Always remember to dilute essential oils properly and consult with a healthcare provider as needed. At Edens Garden, we take pride in offering high-quality, affordable essential oils that enhance your wellness journey. Ready to let Nova Mandarin transform your day? Let's bring that zest into your life!
Botanical Name: Citrus reticulata
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Lime, Lemon, Yuzu, Tangerine and other citruses. Rose, Jasmine, Magnolia and other florals
Aroma: Sweet and intensely orange-y. Like fresh squeezed orange juice
Color: Bright Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Nova mandarin will refresh your senses on its own but added to other citrus oils, the blend will transport you with a sense of energy while remaining calm. Lime, Lemon, Yuzu, Tangerine and other citruses all pair well with this oil. As with most citrus oils, Nova Mandarin pairs well with florals. If you are unsure which flower oils to use, uncap Nova Mandarin and one floral oil at a time together under your nose and breathe in their combined aromas. Rose, Jasmine, Magnolia and other florals such as Lavender will enhance the relaxation and calming effects of the florals.
- In perfumery, scents have ‘notes.’ A scent can be a top, middle or base note. Nova Mandarin is considered a top note. Each aroma note reacts differently based on its volatility. Top notes tend to be the most volatile, meaning they don’t last that long after they’ve been exposed to air. However, top notes are generally the strongest aroma when you first smell a scent. On the other hand, base notes are the least volatile, meaning they last much longer and are not the strongest aroma when you first experience a scent but they grow stronger after being exposed to air.
- Nova Mandarin has a special place in the aromatherapy world for its bright aromatics and ability to chase away the blues. In cleaning blends it's a potent antiviral when added to DIY cleaning products. It also plays a special role in skincare routines as an anti-inflammatory to assist in diminishing blemishes, redness and signs of aging. Like all citrus oils, it will boost the immune system and act as a skin penetration enhancer and blended with other oils works to relieve tired muscles when cramps arise.
- Nova Mandarin is a hybrid of a few different citrus fruits. A number of Mandarin essential oils carry the same Latin name, Citrus reticulata - so be sure to refer to the common name when searching for Nova. it brings together Orange Tangelo and Clementine Mandarin. When you experience this aroma you are instantly transported to a space where you can imagine the fragrance when peeling the fresh fruit for the first time. The aromatics are sweet and mouthwatering. Think of Tangerine essential oil and add a little more sweetness to the single oil. Its edges are smooth and simple. It will transport you straight to heaven.
- Certain essential oils contain natural components known as furanocoumarins. This is more common in citrus essential oils but does occur in other oils as well such as Angelica Root. Furanocoumarins cause essential oils to be phototoxic, meaning the oil can cause burns and skin irritation if sun and UV light exposure occur. Not all citrus essential oils are phototoxic, however, including Nova Mandarin. Therefore, this oil can safely be worn in the sun so long as it’s properly diluted.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.