We’ve all experienced feelings of self-doubt, anxiety and sadness. To be human is to feel, sometimes more than we’d like. The Patchouli Roll-On helps alleviate the heaviness that can weigh us down as well as provide a range of other benefits.
Patchouli is a perennial bushy herb with a sturdy stem, furry leaves and white flowers that have hints of purple. The leaves are put through a steam distillation process to extract the essential oil. Diluted to 10% in Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 2 Years
- Edens Garden roll-on, Dark Patchouli (Pogostemom cablin), has numerous helpful properties as a pre-diluted roll-on including reducing inflammation, pain relief, fighting bacteria, and fungus. It has antidepressant properties, is immune stimulating and acts as CNS sedative due to its grounding nature. Its other uses are wide and reaching, including use as an insect repellent. It is well known for use in body care products for its ability to reduce skin irritation by cooling skin, reducing itchiness and alleviating dry skin. To make this essential oil for the roll-on, Patchouli leaves are steam distilled and it is blessed with having the ability to balance an overactive mind which helps to reduce nervous strain.
- All of our essential oil roll-ons have an approximate shelf life of two years when following recommended storage guidelines. Since essential oils decay with oxidation, we recommend always storing them in a cool, dry and dark area. Refrigerating oils is an efficient way to keep oils fresh as it meets all three of these requirements. We also suggest placing oils in a bag or container in the fridge, so your food doesn’t begin to taste like essential oils. Be sure to also keep the cap twisted tightly to avoid evaporation and oxidation from exposure to air.
- Dogs have unique physiology, and cannot metabolize most essential oils like humans can and it’s why we must be careful with how we use essential oils around dogs. We do not recommend using any essential oil products topically on your pets but if you choose to do so, keep the following in mind: your dog’s age, size, medical history, allergies, needs. With all this in mind, Patchouli essential oil is on the safe list to use around dogs. If you would like to read more about what oils are safe and which to avoid, check out Edens Garden blog post on essential oils and dogs here.
- Patchouli's versatility lends itself for many body care uses. 1.) Use as spot treatment on sensitive skin issues including wound healing and calming itchy skin from bites or eczema. 2.) Calm an overactive and anxious mind and ground yourself by rolling the oil onto your palms, cup your hands over your nose and breathe in deeply 4-5 times. 4.) Massage the rolled oil into the sternum and onto pulse points of the neck, temples, wrists and behind ears for its therapeutic benefits. 3.) Repel insects from your exposed skin by rolling this oil on ankles and other areas of exposed skin.
- Known for use during the 60’s hippie movement, Dark Patchouli roll-on is prediluted with Fractionated carrier oil and its counterpart essential oil is steam distilled from patchouli leaves and has a deeply musky, sweet and earthy aroma. Its scent adds sensuality to blends and helps to open the breath, releasing anxiety and calming the mind. As a base and grounding blend it has an excellent stabilizing effect in blends. Because of its unique aromatics, it is often used in the perfume industry to stabilize and deepen colognes and perfumes.
Where To Apply: For more information on where to apply roll-ons, visit our blog post here.