While pumpkins are often intertwined with autumn, Pumpkin Seed can be used year-round to boost your skin and hair care regimen. Rich in antioxidants, Vitamins and Omega-3 and 6, Pumpkin Seed may increase hair growth when used as a scalp and hair oil. Pumpkin Seed is fast-absorbing and beneficial towards oily skin.
Carrier oils are 4 oz and comes with a pump.
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Light, pumpkin seed aroma
Consistency: Liquid at room temperature
Color: Dark, reddish brown
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 3 Years
- While pumpkins are often intertwined with autumn and pumpkin spice, Pumpkin Seed can be used year-round to boost your skin and hair care regimen. Rich in antioxidants, essential elements vitamins and Omega-3 and 6, Pumpkin Seed may increase hair growth when used as a scalp and hair oil. Pumpkin Seed is fast-absorbing and beneficial towards oily skin. As a pure carrier oil, Pumpkin Seed oil makes an excellent diluent for essential oils. It can also be used alone to moisturize skin. /li>
- Pumpkin Seed oil offers several health benefits including increasing hair count and boosting nourishment. One study showed that topical application of Pumpkin Seed oil promoted hair growth after three weeks. Researchers concluded that it is a promising alternative for alopecia. To use Pumpkin Seed oil for hair loss, combine 12 drops Hair Love essential oil blend with 1 oz Pumpkin Seed oil. Massage the oil into your scalp for at least 30 minutes before showering./li>
- It should be noted that unrefined and cold pressed, virgin Pumpkin Seed oil is made directly from dried Pumpkin Seeds. Macerated Pumpkin oil is different from cold pressed Pumpkin Seed oil. Pumpkin Seed oil is made by cold pressing the seeds to extract the seed oil. Its properties are pure and intensely filled with essential fatty acids beneficial to skin and hair health. The cold pressed extraction method generally requires a machine press. Macerated Pumpkin oil, on the other hand, can be made at home by infusing a carrier oil such as Jojoba oil using an old folk method. It's made by soaking the dried Pumpkin seeds in a clean glass mason jar with a neutral oil such as Jojoba oil in the sun for 4-6 weeks and shaking the jar every day. When that time has elapsed, straining the seeds from the oil will make the infused Pumpkin oil./li>
- DHT is a hormone that come from testosterone and contributes to male sex characteristics, such as a deep voice, increased muscle mass and body hair. However, high levels of DHT can cause hair follicles to shrink and shorten, causing baldness and hair thinning. Some studies have suggested that Pumpkin Seed oil (Curcubita pepo) is a DHT blocker that can slow or stop balding. To use Pumpkin Seed oil for hair loss, combine 12 drops Hair Love essential oil blend with 1 oz Pumpkin Seed oil. Massage the oil into your scalp for at least 30 minutes before showering./li>
- Pumpkin Seed oil is safe for dogs to use topically and is often added to their food for a healthy diet. The same benefits that humans can enjoy from using Pumpkin Seed, dogs can also enjoy. For example, Pumpkin Seed is skin and hair nourishing. As such, you can comb a bit of Pumpkin Seed oil or Fractionated Coconut oil into your dog's fur and skin for nourishment.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.