Similar to eating raspberries, using Raspberry Seed oil in skincare is good for skin health and a great way to obtain beneficial antioxidants. Raspberry Seed assists collagen production and helps to slow the damaging effects of oxidation in skin cells, leaving skin looking fresh and youthful. This healthful oil is ideal for mature skin care.
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Light, earthy aroma
Consistency: Liquid at room temperature
Color: Pale, cloudy orange
Absorption: Medium - Slow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 3 Years
- Red Raspberry carrier oil, not to be confused with an essential oil, has many properties beneficial for the body and skin. To simplify the understanding of SPF protections, there are UVA rays and UVB rays that reach the earth from the sun. UVB rays can cause sun damage to the outer layer of skin and potentially cause cancer. UVA radiation penetrates deeper and can also increase skin cancer risk. Although there is some SPF sun protection it is very minimal for UVB rays and not protective against UVA rays. Using Raspberry seed oil, therefore, is not strong enough to warrant using it alone as a carrier oil on your skin for sun protection.
- You can use Raspberry Seed oil for skin care directly on the face before bed or under makeup. It can help reduce irritation and act as a natural face oil remedy for acne since it does not clog pores. For acne and superficial skin lesions, try blending it with tea tree and lavender essential oils to enhance its antimicrobial effects. To use it before bed or under makeup for its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to improve skin elasticity, place a small amount on the palm of your hand and massage into fine lines, wrinkles as well as into sensitive skin areas that may be dry, cracked, red and inflamed.
- A comedogenic ingredient is a substance that has a high likelihood of clogging pores which can lead to acne, blemishes and blackheads. The comedogenic rating of Raspberry Seed oil is 0 out of 5 (5 being the most severe clogging). Conclusively, this means that Raspberry Seed oil will not clog pores but for those whose skin is easily irritated due to sensitive skin or oily skin, it is recommended to patch test Raspberry Seed oil on the inner arm for 24 hours before using over a larger portion of the body. If redness, itchiness or irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Raspberry Seed oil is made by cold pressing the seeds to extract the oil. It is a strenuous job where the dried seeds are machine pressed in a cold state to maintain the essential fatty acids and other nutrients such as vitamin E in the natural oil. If desired you can make an infused or macerated Raspberry Seed oil at home with a carrier oil which is an entirely different product. It's made by soaking the dried seeds in a clean glass mason jar with a neutral oil such as Jojoba oil in the sun for 4-6 weeks and shaking the jar every day. After that period, the seeds are strained from the oil for the finished product.
- Unrefined and cold pressed Raspberry Seed oil has a mild, earthy and subtly fruit-like aroma without carrying the aromatic of raspberries since the seeds are not pressed from the fruit. But the aroma is fresh, and light and delicately earthy without sharp notes. It has a long shelf life of 2-3 years after which it will have a sour, rancid odor. To dispose of the expired oil, seal it in its container and place in the trash or you can consider composting the oil.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.