Free shipping on all orders in the US!
The bright pink flowers of Damask Rose yield a sweet, herbaceous oil that’s the secret ingredient in countless high-end skincare products. A favorite for mature skin, Rose essential oil is powerfully antioxidant, and can reduce the appearance of dark circles and fine lines. Nourish not just your skin but also your senses with its luxurious aroma. Diffused Rose Otto oil promotes self-acceptance and helps you find inner harmony.
*Please note, this oil has a thick consistency which may solidify and crystalize. Click here for tips on using thick oils.
Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Flowers
Blends Well With: Jasmine, Magnolia, Neroli, Damiana, Lavender and other florals. Yuzu, Lemon, Lime and other citruses
Aroma: Rosy and floral with green, vegetal, earthy notes
Color: Clear-Pale Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Adult Max Dilution: 0.6%
Shelf Life: 6 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- If choosing to use Rose essential oil around your cat, it’s important to look out for warning signs such as behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy. Stop using essential oils around your cat if you notice these signs, and don’t use essential oils around kittens and pregnant cats. We don’t recommend applying essential oils to your cat or administering oils orally without consulting a holistic veterinarian. You may diffuse small amounts of oil around your cat, but be sure to do so in a well-ventilated room where your cat can leave if desired.
- Rose Otto essential oil (Rosa damascena) contributes to all day wellness when used frequently. Skincare lovers adore it for its many skin-nourishing benefits, such as reducing the appearance of acne, dry skin, wrinkles, dark circles and swelling. When inhaled using an essential oil diffuser, Rose oil balances emotions and can even release aphrodisiac properties. The classic and sophisticated aroma of Rose is often added to high-end perfumes for its lovely, floral aura. If you’re in search of a new skincare savior, Rose is a prime pick.
- Rose water can be made with Rose essential oil by using a solubilizing ingredient, such as Polysorbate 20 and a preservative. Because oil and water do not mix, a solubilizer is needed to combine these ingredients. A preservative is also always necessary whenever working with water-based ingredients, because microbial growth always occurs overtime. Alternatively, using 190-proof grain alcohol is a great option because it both solubilizes essential oil in water and acts as a preservative. To make rose water, combine 40 drops of Rose Otto essential oil with 1 oz 190-proof grain alcohol. Let this mixture sit for a few hours before adding 3 oz of distilled water. Shake gently to combine. Note, lower proof alcohols will not work.
- Essential oils are powerful, concentrated substances so a little goes a long way. Two of the most effective ways to use them is by way of inhalation and topical use. Drinking Rose essential oil is rarely necessary or recommended, no matter the brand. Essential oil ingestion can lead to adverse reactions such as medication contraindications, mucous membrane irritation, sensitization and nausea if done incorrectly. Therefore, if you wish to drink essential oils, we strongly recommend consulting with a knowledgeable professional with experience in internal use.
- According to aromatherapist, Andrea Butje, it takes an estimated 30-50 roses to produce a single drop of Rose essential oil. In order to produce the most oil from roses, the roses must reach full maturity prior to harvesting, which requires additional time and effort. This is one of the primary reasons why Rose Otto oil is considered pricier than other essential oils. After harvesting, the roses are then carefully steam distilled. Edens Garden’s high-quality Rose Otto essential oil is sourced from expert growers and distillers in Bulgaria.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.