Carving out moments of tranquility amidst a bustling schedule can sometimes be a challenge, but a few drops of our Lime essential oil in your diffuser or inhaler can change all that. Customers often recount their own little victories, like how a midday aromatherapy session with this oil turned their stress into zest, or how incorporating it into a morning spritz ritual set a joyful tone for their entire day. It doesn't just stop at elevating your spirits; this versatile elixir doubles as an ingenious addition to homemade cleaners, granting you the satisfaction of a pristine home kissed with a natural citrus scent.
Surround yourself with the essence of wellness with every use of our Lime essential oil. Mix it with a hint of Vanilla for a comforting yet invigorating diffuser concoction, or add a drop to your favorite carrier oil for a non-phototoxic way to wear nature’s perfume. A little goes a long way in creating an eco-friendly cleaning solution that leaves surfaces spotless without harsh chemicals. Dive into the world of Edens Garden where affordability aligns with quality, and let the brisk, clean notes of steam-distilled Lime essential oil turn simple routines into joyful revelations of well-being.
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Jasmine, Osmanthus, Rose and other florals. Coconut CO2, Ginger CO2 and Bitter Orange
Aroma: Bright, sweet, fruity and fresh, like a citrusy cleaner
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Our Lime- Steam Distilled is non-phototoxic.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Zesty and sweet, Steam Distilled Lime’s tart and energetic nuances are a breath of fresh air that helps to reduce stress. Steam Distilled Lime can be applied topically or inhaled to obtain its benefits as an anti-inflammatory and pain reduction, immune support or soothing an upset tummy. In blends, they can both be used in cleaning blends to purify a and as a room deodorizer. Because it’s steam distilled, it’s non-phototoxic and can be used topically in the sun. Lime essential oil is incredibly similar, but phototoxic meaning it cannot be worn topically in the sun without risk of burns.
- One Lime essential oil, Citrus aurantifolia, is cold pressed and the other is steam distilled. To quickly note, the variety of steam distilled Lime is not phototoxic, cold pressed Lime is phototoxic. The properties of each essential oil are similar but has some varying degrees in how much of each property. Steam distilled Lime has the main properties include Limonene, gamma-Terpinene, Terpinolene and alpha-Terpineol. Cold Pressed Lime has similar but slightly different properties which are Limonene, beta-Pinene, gamma-Terpinene. Edens Garden always carries the GC/MS reports of single oils on its website.
- Lime essential oil does not contain any sugar. Most essential oils are manufactured by a process of steam distillation and contain only the chemical components found in the rind of the fruit. For steam distilled Lime, the main properties include Limonene, gamma-Terpinene, Terpinolene and alpha-Terpineol. If you’re curious about ingesting essential oils we do not recommend it unless under the supervision of a trained professional.
- Hashimotos disease is an autoimmune disease where antibodies (made by your own body) attack the thyroid gland. The Thyroid gland produces thyroid hormones that are responsible for temperature control, metabolism and other processes of the body. This can lead to fatigue, weight gain and potentially muscle weakness. To aid symptoms of thyroid disease, a diet free of gluten and other irritants of the gut can be employed. Essential oils can offer the body respite from fatigue and muscle aches and pains and that includes the use of Lime essential oil.
- It is not recommended to use essential oils neat or undiluted on the skin or the lips. If you would like to make a lip balm with steam distilled lime, we highly recommend it! It makes a fabulous oil in blends for mood boost and uplifting the happiness level in your life. Steam Distilled Lime is also non-phototoxic making it safe to use when diluted in topical treatments. Check out our dilution rate guide on our website for safe blending.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.