Free shipping on all orders in the US!
pain & recovery
Discover the purifying and curative properties of Tea Tree with this Around The World essential oil. Harvested from three farms located in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, the three Tea Tree oils combine to create a singular highly holistic essential oil. Its antiviral and antibacterial properties make it a powerful cleansing agent for both home and body care. Herbaceous and refreshing, this trio of oils produces a more versatile aroma. Use this Around The World oil to boost your skincare routine and tidy your favorite spaces.
Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
Origins: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Note: Middle - Top
Blends Well With: Peppermint, and other mints; Lemon, and other citrus
Aroma: Medicinal, clean, fresh, and camphorous
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Tea tree is well know for its ability to fight microbes. The bacteria that causes acne is one example and it also can rebalance the skins natural oil balance giving you glowing, healthy skin. Used with shampoo, it is very effective at treating dandruff. Blended into a cream an applied a few times a day for athlete's foot can help to relieve symptoms and skin irritation as well as nail fungus. Its ability to soothe inflammation goes on to relieve minor pain from burns, cuts sores and bug bites. Added to blends for colds and flu, Tea Tree helps to open up breathing and even lessens allergic reactions by reducing mast cell production.
- Tea Tree, Melaleuca alternifolia oil, is an excellent fungicidal essential oil. Its ability to refresh and moisturize the skin of the scalp helps to eliminate irritation or dandruff issues and helps to boost circulation. Try adding 10-15 drops per ounce of unscented shampoo or Castille soap. Moisten hair in the shower and massage well especially focusing on the scalp for a few minutes. Rinse and repeat. Towel dry hair and use this shampoo on your scalp daily until the irritation, dandruff or contact dermatitis has subsided. This oil also has the potential to stimulate hair growth due to the increase in circulation.
- Yes, tea tree is safe to use topically not only for adults but for children too. Be sure to dilute this pure essential oil into a glass bottle or container and follow safe dilution practices. It can be used for skin irritation from acne to foot and nail fungus to soothe irritation, itch and pain from bug bites and minor burns to itchiness and cuts and sores.
- Tea tree is packed with antiseptic properties that help to reduce toxins and disinfect pores. Tea Tree is so proficient at this task that it even reduces any clogging isses that may arise that leads to acne-prone skin. As an added bonus this oil can potentially lighten the outward appearance of scars all the while replenishing the skin’s natural oil balance.
- If choosing to use Tea Tree essential oil around your cat, it’s important to look out for warning signs such as behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy. Stop using essential oils around your cat if you notice these signs, and don’t use essential oils around kittens and pregnant cats. We don’t recommend applying essential oils to your cat or administering oils orally without consulting a holistic veterinarian. You may diffuse small amounts of oil around your cat, but be sure to do so in a well-ventilated room where your cat can leave if desired.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.