Botanical Name: Juniperus mexicana
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Wood
Blends Well With: Patchouli, Cypress, Pine, Douglas Fir, Spruce, Sandalwood and Oud
Aroma: Deeply smokey, warm and delightful, like smoked wood chips
Color: Pale Brown
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- The woody and balsamic notes of Cedarwood- Texas would be a great addition to an evening bath to promote better sleep, release of stress, worry and anxiety as well as improve respiratory health. It can usher in deeper breathing making your evening routine ultra relaxing and thoroughly peaceful. Try blending 2 cups of epsom salts for the magnesium they supply to help you sleep, ½ cup of castille soap and 6-10 drops of Cedarwood- Texas essential oil.
- Cedarwood is a safe oil to use on the skin but we wholly recommend using it diluted in blend with a carrier oil or butter such as Shea and beeswax. As with all essential oils, we do not recommend using them undiltued on the skin as they are very concentrated and can potentially cause skin irritation. As Juniperus virginiana is indicated for aiding physical issues such as sore muscles and joint pain, it goes great diluted in pain relief blends with other anti-inflammatory and analgesic essential oils in salves and muscle rubs.
- Cedarwood oil has a perfect union of properties to deal with any type of skin conditions. This oil is at once antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. Due to these qualities, Cedarwood is beneficial for skin conditions like acne, oily skin, scars and controlling bacteria on the skins surface. Studies have shown that cedarwood is an effective treatment in alleviating even stubborn acne breakouts. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to do a skin patch test with any new oils before applying in larger areas.
- Mood swings can be caused by a number of reasons , Cetrain triggers such as diet, sleep issues, stress, weather, substance use, or trauma can all have a deleterious effect on the psyche. The perfume aromatic of Cedarwood is a known to support ones confidence and ground the spirit which in turn relieves stress and anxiety. These properties along can help to usher in peaceful sentiments. Try using Cedarwood in a diffuser at home and breathe in the relaxing beauty of this wood. Add 6-10 drops of Cedarwood essential oil to 100 ml of water. Diffuse intermittently an hour at a time when needed.
- Juniperus virginiana is not a true Cedarwood. in fact it belongs in the Cupressaceae family. While the other Cedars, Himalayan and Atlas are both in the Pinaceae family. The astringent and antiseptic properties of Cedarwood- Texas, make it appropriate for use in skin care especially in blends to reduce acne as well as control oily skin. For issues of cold sores, this Cedarwood has healing and antiinflammatory properties as well acts as an antimicrobial. These qualities combined are useful for healing wounds and other lesions.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.