Free shipping on all orders in the US!
pain & recovery
Botanical Name: Thymus vulgaris
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Herb
Note: Top - Middle
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Peru Balsam, Coriander Seed, Oregano, Allspice and Cinnamon
Aroma: Potent and richly herbaceous, with a fresh, true to Thyme aroma
Color: Clear-Pale Brown
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Adult Max Dilution: 1.3%
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Red Thyme essential oil (Thymus vulgaris) is a powerful natural substance, that helps protect and defend against every day threats. Added to a spray, Red Thyme can be used for its repellant, antioxidant, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Diluted, it speeds up recovery time, reduces pain and soothes sore muscles. Diffused, Red Thyme offers relief against cold and flu symptoms. In fact, there’s little Red Thyme oil can’t do.
- Fresh, warm, camphorous, and, of course, herbaceous, the aroma of Red Thyme is true to the herb it’s derived from. When it comes to supporting the immune system, especially during the common cold season, Red Thyme is amongst the best oils for the job. On the other hand, Thyme ct. linalool can invigorate the senses when directly inhaled or diffused. Thyme is also known to have antioxidant, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Thyme ct. Linalool is also safe for all ages and has no maximum recommend dilution rate, whereas Red Thyme is not recommended for use with young children and has a recommended dilution rate of now more than 1.3%.
- Symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, muscle weakness, fluctuations in weight, changes in sex drive and thinning hair can all signal changes in hormone levels. If you suspect, that you’re experiencing hormonal imbalances, you may be wondering if essential oils like Red Thyme can help. Luckily, this multi-faceted oil is able to assist with symptoms of hormone imbalance such as joint pain and swelling, aches, soreness and headaches. To use Red Thyme for hormone balance, inhale it using an essential oil diffuser or apply it topically. For topical use, dilute Red Thyme to 1% by combining 6 drops essential oil and 1 oz carrier oil. Apply to pulse points, abdomen, back or behind the neck. As always, we recommend consulting with your doctor before using essential oils for medical issues.
- Like most people you love, you may be prone to give babies the very best of everything — essential oils included. But due to their heightened sensitivities, we suggest using essential oils of all brands infrequently (if at all) on children younger than two years old. The consequences of misusing essential oils with children and babies, unfortunately, range from severe to dire. It’s also important to note that diluted oils, let alone essential oils in their pure forms can be overwhelming for babies, as their metabolisms are underdeveloped. If you do choose to use essential oils with your baby, check with your child’s pediatrician before use.
- A study from England tested the effects of antispasmodic essential oils on snorers. Partners of snorers were asked to measure their significant other’s snoring for 14 days, without treatment. Following this, snorers were randomly given one of three treatments. Partners of snorers were again asked to measure their significant other’s snoring for 14 days, with the use of a treatment every night. Comparative data showed that 82% of patients using the spray, 71% of patients using the gargle and only 44% of patients using the placebo, snored less in the opinions of their partners. To use Thyme to reduce snoring, add 4 drops Lavender, 2 drops Clary Sage, 2 drops Fennel, 2 drops Thyme and drop Clove to 100 ml of water in an essential oil diffuser and diffuse for 30 minutes before bed.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.