Body Oil vs. Lotion: Why You Should Make the Switch
Making the switch to body oils from conventional lotions can feel overwhelming but it is more than worth trading up. Natural body oils absorb more deeply into the skin than lotions and keep your skin nourished for much longer. From XOXO to Vanilla Sandalwood, our new line of body oils will change the way you take care of your skin.
Body oils also contain powerful nutrients to firm and improve the condition of your skin. As we head into Winter, keeping your skin moisturized and nourished is paramount to your skincare routine. Once you’ve tried our natural body oils, your lotions will become a thing of the past. Here are more reasons why you should swap your lotion for our body oils.
- Essential Oils: Formulated with our 100% pure therapeutic essential oils, Edens Garden’s body oils can help repair, heal and tone your skin. Most conventional lotions and some body oils include synthetic fragrances that can be harmful to your health. As anyone familiar with aromatherapy can tell you, essential oils have a more rich and elevated aroma that have therapeutic benefits too.
- Non-Toxic Ingredients: An insurmountable number of lotions include synthetic chemicals that can enter your bloodstream. Many, if not most, conventional lotions contain mineral oil which, according to the Environmental Working Group, may be contaminated with cancer-causing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. It can also lead to premature aging of the skin and clogged pores. Toxic chemicals, like parabens, are also commonly added to lotions. Parabens can disrupt your hormone receptors and possibly cause breast cancer. BHA and DMDM Hydantoin are regularly used as preservatives in lotions. Both ingredients have been linked to cancer. Our body oils are made from pure, natural ingredients so you can moisturize without worry.
- Natural Beauty: Because our body oils are entirely pure, most can be applied to your face. Our Yuzu Cannabliss is extremely restorative. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to extra-dilute or test the body oil on a patch of skin before you cover your face. To help increase the look of healthy skin, use the oil at night before bed and enjoy glowing skin in the morning. Body oil can also be used as a natural cheekbone highlighter to give your skin a luminous glow.
- Therapeutic Aroma: Again, essential oils make all the difference when it comes to skincare. In addition to deeply nourishing your skin, the body oil will make you radiate a natural perfume with complexity and softness. Essential oils have more high-end, elegant aromas than chemical fragrances used in traditional lotions. Once you go E.O., you never go back.
- Protection against free radicals: Many of us are just learning about the importance of protecting the skin against free radicals (i.e. pollution, cigarette smoke, harsh light, pesticides and toxic metals). Over time, free radicals can contribute to oxidative damage which can lead to premature aging, inflammation and degenerative diseases. Our body oils contain Vitamin E as an antioxidant which can help protect your body against free radicals. Vitamin E can also help reverse the appearance of sun damage while tightening the skin.