DIY Wood Place Card Holders
Sitting side-by-side during Thanksgiving dinner is one of the many gifts of the holiday. We are given the chance to catch-up, swap stories and get to know each other a little bit better. As you plan and prepare, consider making a seating chart. Think about each guest’s personality, likes and dislikes and who each person most needs to connect with.
Creating place cards not only limits any awkwardness at dinner-time but also shows guests how much care went into the planning. At Edens Garden, we use every opportunity to bring nature near. The Wood Place Card Holder is the natural accessory your table needs. By adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil, or giving each person their own personalized blend, you are offering your guests the perfect ice breaker or conversation starter.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Tree Branches 1-½ to 2-inches in diameter
- Hand Saw
- Table Clamp
- Place Cards
- Essential Oils (Try Sunshine Spice, Aromance or Harmony)
- Using the hand saw, cut tree branches into 2-inch pieces. Make sure to cut the branches straight so the final holder lays flat.
- Use the table clamp to keep the wood piece in place. Take the hand saw and slice a ¼-inch slit into the top of the wooden piece.
- Add 5-10 drops of your chosen essential oils directly onto the wood.
Write each name of your guests on separate place cards. Place a name card into the slit of each wooden holder.
Note: If you’re not in the woodworking mood. Feel free to buy pre-cut wood holders online or at your local craft store.
SAVE THIS DIY TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!