Rose petals and romance may be the center of Valentine’s Day but what about a special day to celebrate your gal pals? This year, gather your besties and throw a Galentine's Day party, complete with favors, decorations and temporary tattoos. We’ve outlined DIYs and tips for throwing the ultimate girls-only event. So go ahead, break out the dark chocolate and pink glitter and make this Galentine's Day one for the books!
Send creative invites with our free downloadable template. Download here!
DECOR - HEART-SHAPED GARLAND DIY
String together some love with this simple craft project.
What you need:
Ribbon, twine or yarn
- Cut the felt into heart-shapes. Can be different sizes and colors to add more dimension. Try drawing the hearts with a pencil before you cut.
- Measure out 5 ft. of twine.
- Glue the twine (or yarn/ribbon) to the back of each heart along the top edge, separating each heart by ½ inch.
- Lay the garland flat and allow it to dry.
- Place 2-3 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil.
- Hang wherever your heart desires.
FAVORS - ROSE PETAL SUGAR SCRUB DIY
Offer your gal-guests a treat for later with this floral scrub.
What you need:
Dried rose petals
- Toss 1 cup of dried rose petals in a food processor until the petals become small flakes. Pour into the bowl.
- Put the petals into the bowl.
- Add 2 cups of sugar to the bowl.
- Add ⅔ cup of Coconut carrier oil to the bowl.
- Add 5-9 drops of Rose absolute to the mixture.
- Stir mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into a mason jar.
(Note: Recipe should make 16 ounces of sugar scrub; one jar).
THANK YOU CARDS
Let your BFFs know how much they mean to you by downloading this EG thank you card. Download here.
Simply buy tattoo paper and print your very own girlie temporary tattoos! Download here.