Magnesium Body Butter DIY
Whether you just finished a workout or slept in a funny position, having sore muscles or knots can really put a cramp in your day. We are constantly on the lookout for solutions to tight muscles. Currently trending in the all-natural wellness world as a treatment for soreness is magnesium oil.
According to the World Health Organization, 40 percent of American adults are low in magnesium. Spraying or rubbing on magnesium oil is one way to up your intake. Some of the benefits of using the oil as touted by magnesium enthusiasts are that it helps to increase energy, relieve muscle aches, improve heart health and decrease anxiety. At EG, we recommend using your best judgment in choosing what’s best for you and contacting your doctor about any health-related questions.
To help add a little more magnesium to your life, try our Magnesium Body Butter DIY. It’s sure to make your skin silkier and hopefully help you find some muscle relief.
What You Need:
Yield: Approximately 3 oz of body butter
1 oz Sesame carrier oil
1 oz Shea butter
1 tbsp Magnesium oil (buy online)
2 tsp Avocado carrier oil
40 drops of Muscle Relief synergy blend
- Pour 2 inches of water into the bottom layer of the double boiler and place over medium heat.
- Once water starts to boil, add the Sesame carrier oil, Shea butter and Avocado carrier oil to the top layer of the double boiler.
- Allow the ingredients to melt completely, stir as needed to keep it blended.
- After ingredients melt, turn off the heat and remove the top layer of the double boiler.
- Allow the ingredients to cool.
- Add Magnesium oil and blend using the hand-mixer.
- After the mix is completely blended, add in 40 drops of Muscle Relief synergy blend.
- Blend all ingredients with hand mixer for 4 minutes until the mixture is whipped.
- Apply to the skin after showering.
Note: This product has a recommended 1-week shelf life. Store in the fridge.