Many of you may be familiar with that disquieting time of the day; the kids come home from school, drop their backpacks, throw their shoes off, and start running rampant around the house. Or it’s bedtime, but they’re far from being tired, and would rather read ‘just one more book!’ Whatever the situation might be, we at Edens Garden understand your struggle. That’s why we let the experts take control of formulating this soothing blend of Douglas Fir, Lavender, Petitgrain, Sweet Orange, Vetiver, Damiana, and Vanilla.
Calm ‘Em Down will surely help tame and relax those little jitterbugs. Try diluting at 1% with a carrier oil and apply topically. Or try creating this super fun DIY Calm Em’ Down Bath Fizzy. These fizzies are making bath time a whole lot better. Kids will be fascinated by the mesmerizing sizzling of the bath fizzy, followed by the revealing of a special surprise inside. The only danger in making these is that your kids might not want to leave the bath!Ingredients
4 oz Baking Soda
2 oz Corn Starch
2 oz Citric Acid
1 to 1 ½ tsp water
20 drops Calm 'Em Down
2 oz Coconut Oil
2-3 drops Food Coloring
Mini Plastic Animal Toys
Plastic Egg Mold or Easter Egg
Aluminum FoilHow to
1. Whisk together dry ingredients, removing any clumps.
2. In a separate bowl, combine liquid ingredients. Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry, ensuring the mixture doesn’t fizz too much. Separate parts of the mixture to add different colors.
3. Pack the mixture into the egg mold, placing the toy in the center of the egg. If the mixture doesn’t hold well, add water and pack again.
4. Once the egg is packed, close and cover the mold with aluminum foil. Let the egg incubate overnight to dry.
5. Carefully take apart the mold and store the remaining bath fizzies in a cool, dry area.
6. Pop the fizzy in your child’s bath and allow it to fizz until it “hatches”, revealing the hidden toy animal inside! For even more fun, this recipe can be used with any of our OK For Kids blends.
Comments will be approved before showing up.