Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Leathery, woody and intense are a few ways to describe the deep and slightly mysterious aroma of Amber Oud. This blend leaves a good impression and lingers in your thoughts long after it’s gone, making it an excellent personal aroma.
Dilute to 2% in a neutral carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut oil or Jojoba oil and apply to wrists to enjoy throughout the day. Alternatively, combine 12 drops of Amber Oud and 1 ounce of 190-proof alcohol in a glass spray bottle and spritz onto pulse points.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Fossilized amber can be dry distilled into an oil. However, because the amber is fossilized, this oil is extremely rare and unsustainable. For this reason, our Amber Oud essential oil blend does not contain amber, but rather a combination of oils that create a warm, resinous and precious aroma like amber. Due to its rarity, amber oil is oftentimes sold as a fragrance oil made of harmful chemicals and isolates. Amber Oud essential oil blend is a great alternative to unsustainable amber oil and synthetic fragrances.
- Amber Oud blend contains Myrrh and Cinnamon Bark which are not recommended to be used while pregnant. According to Tisserand, Myrrh contains β-elemene and furanodiene, which are antiangiogenic and potentially fetotoxic. These properties of Myrrh can cause a reduction in the growth of new blood vessels. Therefore, Myrrh is contraindicated for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Whether or not the properties are able to cross the fetal placental border during gestation, we suggest avoiding the use of Myrrh, Cinnamon Bark and blends that contain these oils during pregnancy and lactation.
- Amber Oud essential oil blend’s grounding aroma offers great stress-relieving properties. Its warm, exotic aroma adds a sophisticated touch to one’s space and home. As such, we love adding Amber Oud to DIY essential oil sprays. To make your own, combine 40 drops Amber Oud and 1 tablespoon of 190-proof grain alcohol in a 2 oz glass spray bottle, then top off with distilled water. Spray onto linens, in the air and onto vents.
- There are several ways to effectively use Amber Oud essential oil blend to obtain its many benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castile soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- The highly precious, woodsy and intense aroma of Oud permeates throughout this blend. Amber Oud creates an atmosphere of warmth and serenity with its slightly mysterious, leathery and rugged aroma. Notes of Tonka and Oud are highlighted in this blend, creating a rich atmosphere when diffused. To enjoy its aroma to the fullest, add 10 drops per 100 ml of water to an essential oil diffuser. Alternatively, dilute it and use it as a personal aroma.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.