In the whirlwind of daily life, it’s easy to forget to prioritize self-care. That's where Edens Garden's Cajeput essential oil comes in. Known as a natural ally for professional athletes, active seniors, and anyone seeking post-exertion support, Cajeput is your go-to solution for maintaining wellness in your busy schedule.
This essential oil, with its dynamic, menthol-like aroma, is a wonderful addition to homemade lotions, balms, and salves, offering relief from the after-effects of strenuous exercise. It's also a potent weapon against seasonal woes when used as an inhalant. And if you're battling drowsiness in the office, diffusing Cajeput can help enliven the air and keep you alert with its invigorating scent.
Cajeput essential oil shares properties with Eucalyptus and Tea Tree oils, being part of the same Melaleuca genus. It's extracted through steam distillation from the leaves of evergreen trees native to Australia and Asia, specifically from the Indonesian island of Sulawesi. The trees, known as River Tea Trees, Weeping Tea Trees, or Punk Trees, are striking in their beauty, boasting a grey-white papery bark and stunning white, pink, and purple flowers.
But the beauty of Cajeput goes beyond its source. Its wellness benefits make it a crucial part of any essential oil collection. So, why not make room for Cajeput essential oil in your daily routine? Embrace the link to the natural world it offers, and experience the wellness benefits it brings. Try Edens Garden's Cajeput essential oil today.
Botanical Name: Melaleuca cajuputi
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Synonym: Cajuput, River Tea Tree, Swamp Tea Tree, Weeping Tea Tree, Punk Tree
Blends Well With: Eucalyptus, Lavender, and other high cineole and floral aromas
Aroma: Medicinal, camphorous, sweet, sharp, and Tea Tree-like
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children.
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Cajpeut essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Cajeput essential oil is extracted and steam distilled from the leaves of 50-100 foot evergreen trees found in Indonesia. It is a middle note and shares its genus, Melaleuca, which is part of the Tea Tree family. The name Cajeput comes from the Indonesian language: “kayu putih” or "white wood." Traditionally, it has been used to treat stomach problems including Cholera successfully. It's used in pain relief blends including toothaches and can be used in skin care for such things as insect bites and skin infections due to its antiseptic qualities.
- There are many outstanding qualities of cajeput, many of which are shared by Tea Tree as it carries similar properties. For the mind, it can clear the mental state to keep you focused and alert, fighting drowsiness and relieving headaches. For the physical body, it works well in blends that support sore muscles after heavy exertion and when under respiratory distress and suffering from congestion, it will help to open the breath. For the home, Cajeput is antiseptic and helps to fight germs on surfaces in the air.
- Due to this oil’s 1,8 cineole content, research has shown that this component can cause potential breathing problems and issues with the central nervous system in young children. We highly recommended that you avoid using this and other 1,8 cineole oils near the faces of babies as well as children under the age of 10. For those who suffer from asthma, 1,8 cineole oils can further restrict breathing. Test the oil with asthmatics by having them take a quick whiff of the bottle cap to determine their reaction to the essential oil property in Cajeput.
- Cajeput is uncommonly similar to Tea Tree essential oil in its aroma and they share many of the same main components. Like Tea Tree, Cajeput is medicinal and refreshing. Its herbal notes are at the same time somewhat sweet and fruity. It carries a lingering camphor aroma that is similar to a subtle menthol.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
MASSAGE OIL: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 5 drops of Cajeput, 5 drops of Helichrysum, 3 drops of Peppermint and 7 drops of Copaiba, then fill with Jojoba oil. Shake to mix well. Apply and massage into sore areas. (1.7% dilution)
INHALATION: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Cajeput, 5 drops of Tea Tree and 5 drops of Lemon. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Scent Ball Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
BATH SALTS: Combine: 2 drops of Cajeput, 1 drop of Peppermint and 2 drops of Frankincense with 1 tablespoon of Jojoba oil and 1/2 cup of Epsom salts. Stir together and add to a full tub for a relaxing soak.
LINIMENT: Add the following to a 2 ounce bottle: 10 drops of Cajeput, 3 drops of Peppermint, 2 drops of Frankincense and 5 drops of Copaiba, then fill with Avocado oil. Shake well and apply to overworked muscles. (1.7% dilution)
SKIN CARE: Add to a 2 ounce bottle: 3 drops of Cajeput, 4 drops of Orange and 3 drops of Lavender (French), then fill with witch hazel and Polysorbate 20 (manufacturer's recommended amount). Shake well to combine before applying to a water-dampened cotton ball and wiping over oily areas of the skin. Add a teaspoon of this blend to a small basin of water and soak a face cloth for larger areas. Relax and keep your eyes closed, as you apply the cloth to your entire face for a refreshing mask! Shelf life: 1 week (.8% dilution)
More from the blog: