In the fast-paced world we live in, finding a moment of stillness and tranquility can seem like a luxury. But with Edens Garden's White Camphor essential oil, you can create that serene space no matter where you are. Known for its clean, bright aroma, Camphor White is your companion in promoting deep, full breaths and facilitating a sense of calm.
White Camphor essential oil is a key ingredient in many commercial products aimed at easing coughs, colds, and congestion, thanks to its penetrating, medicinal aroma. It's also a popular addition to balms, massage oils, and creams used by athletes to soothe their bodies. This versatile oil offers both warming and cooling sensations, making it a unique pick in any essential oil collection. Additionally, it serves as a natural solution to repel flying insects or freshen up musty spaces.
Extracted from trees adorned with white flowers and bright red berries, our White Camphor essential oil is rectified for safety, setting it apart from brown and yellow camphor oil which can be crude and toxic. With Edens Garden's Camphor White essential oil, you're not just investing in an aromatic oil, but a ticket to tranquility and wellness. Take a deep breath, and let White Camphor bring calm and serenity into your life today.
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum camphora
Chemotype / Variety: White
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Wood
Synonym: White Camphor
Blends Well With: Eucalyptus, and other camphoraceous aromas
Aroma: Peppery, medicinal, leafy, and fresh
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children.
Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Cinnamomum camphora is an oil with many uses. Camphor is a component traditiaonally used in over the counter medicine for colds and flu such as cough drops and cough syrup, chest and vapor rubs. Camphor offers respiratory relief, clears airways and clear lungs by encouraging the break up of congestion. It's also found in icy - hot type muscle and joint rubs to relieve pain and inflammation. In topical sore muscle blends and rubs, it can improve circulation and relieve sore muscles.
- We all love a fresh and clean smelling home and work space. When odors arise and offend our sense of smell, Camphor can effectively step in to reduce unwanted odors. If you have a home diffuser, we recommend following the manufacturer instructions but as a general rule, add 6-10 drops per 100 ml of water. If you do not own a diffuser, make a room spray with a 4 oz glass bottle with a spray pump. Mix 30 drops of essential oil with a few tablespoons of grain alcohol and let the blend settle overnight. The next day, fill up the bottle with distilled water, shake and use as needed.
- The White Camphor tree is cultivated in China and this base note essential oil is steam distilled from the wood. Its name is derived from the component Camphor which is also considered an isolate. It can be found in numerous essential oils including Ho Wood, Spruce trees, Pine trees and Fir trees, Rosemary ct Camphor, etc.
- Like most people you love, you may be prone to give babies the very best of everything - essential oils included. But due to their heightened sensitivities, we suggest that you avoid using essential oils of all brands on children younger than two years old. The consequences of misusing essential oils with children and babies, unfortunately, range from severe to dire. It’s also important to note that diluted oils, let alone essential oils in their pure forms can be overwhelming for babies, as their metabolisms are underdeveloped. If you do choose to use essential oils with your baby, check with your child’s pediatrician before use.
- Using Camphor essential oil for joint pain, rheumatism and other arthritic conditions can be a great remedy. However, we never recommend using essential oils directly on the skin - “neat”. Please follow our dilution guidelines and blend 5% Camphor essential oil into an antiinflammatory herbal carrier oil such as Trauma oil, Arnica, Calendula or St Johns Wort to further aid in the relief of any pain and inflammation.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
LINIMENT: Add the following to a 2 ounce bottle: 10 drops of Camphor, 3 drops of Peppermint, 2 drops of Frankincense and 5 drops of Copaiba, then fill with Avocado oil. Shake well and apply to overworked muscles. (1.7% dilution)
SKIN CARE: Add to a 2 ounce bottle: 3 drops of Camphor, 3 drops of Orange, 2 drops of Geranium, 2 drops of Lavender, then fill with witch hazel and Polysorbate 20 (manufacturer's recommended amount). Shake well to combine before applying a couple of drops to a cotton swab and applying directly to oily skin. Add a teaspoon of this blend to a small basin of water and soak a face cloth for larger areas. Relax and keep your eyes closed, as you apply the cloth to your entire face for a refreshing mask! Shelf life: 1 week (1% dilution)
More from the blog: