Discover the majestic allure of Edens Garden's Cedarwood Atlas essential oil. Its warm, woody, and earthy aroma is reminiscent of standing beneath a towering cedar tree, offering a transformative experience that takes you deep into the heart of nature. Renowned for signifying strength and peaceful dominion, Cedarwood Atlas can help you find awe and inspiration amidst life's everyday troubles.
Our Cedarwood Atlas essential oil isn't just about its enchanting aroma. It's a versatile addition to your wellness routine, whether you're using it for mindful meditation, seeking grounding, or even as a romantic enhancer. Did you know that Parisians have long used Cedarwood Atlas in lotions and shampoos to help prevent hair loss? Now you can bring this age-old beauty secret into your own home.
Native to Morocco and cultivated across Africa and the Middle East for centuries, Cedar trees can reach heights of over 140 feet. Their bluish-green leaves and cones are a sight to behold, but it's the wood of the tree that gives us our precious essential oil, derived through careful steam distillation. Experience the transformative power of Cedarwood Atlas today—your senses will thank you!
Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Wood
Synonym: Atlantic Cedar, Moroccan Cedar
Blends Well With: Patchouli, Sandalwood, and blends exceptionally well with woods
Aroma: Woody, earthy and camphorous
Color: Pale Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 4-8 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Cedarwood essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.) Add 6 drops to ½ cup of castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Native to Morocco, Cedarwood Atlas is high in sesquiterpenes. It is a good choice for skin care blends such as beard oil, facial serums and lotions for its astringent and skin-nourishing properties which helps to even out oily skin. With sedative and calming attributes, it can be added to relaxing or sleep-enhancing blends. Cedarwood Atlas is also commonly used for its benefits with breathing and helping to clear congestion. Aromatherapists refer to Cedarwood Himalayan as being calming and helpful for breathing, much like Cedarwood Atlas. It is also helpful as an anti-inflammatory for issues such as arthritis pain and for its anti-infectious properties, making it a good choice to diffuse during the cold season. Cedarwood Himalayan has an earthy aroma that is woody with an overriding sweet, almost floral or fruit-like note.
- Cedrus atlantica is one of the few chemotypes of Cedarwood essential oils. The wood is steam distilled to make a base note essential oil that is from harvested wood found in Morocc. It has fabulous grounding benefits that work well in sleep blends as well as in mixtures for mindful meditation. It can be used in blends to fend off biting insects and added to unscented lotions and shampoos to improve hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- As a base note and oil derived from the wood of the tree, Cedarwood makes a good fixative to blends. Its aroma can help to diffuse spicy aromatics and make them gentler for topical blends. With floral and citrus oils, Cedarwood Atlas can help to enhance their calming and antianxiety effects. Try Cedarwood with Sweet Orange, Bergamot and Tangerine as well as with florals such as Lavender, Rose and Neroli. To enhance the grounding effects of Cedarwood, try adding other wood and resinous base note oils such as Sandalwood, Frankincense. With Cypress and Tea Tree, Cedarwood is an excellent choice added to skin care blends.
- According to studies, Cedrol, an active component in Cedarwood (Juniperus virginiana) not only protects the tree against invasive bugs but in the form of essential oil transfers those same effects we can use against arthropods such as ants, fleas and ticks. The components alpha, beta and gamma himachalene found in both Himalayan Cedarwood and Atlas Cedarwood essential oils are also equally effective against bugs including ants, beetles, moths and fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. So, whichever Cedarwood you have on hand will help to protect your family and your home.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
GROUNDING BLEND: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas), 5 drops of Vetiver and 5 drops of Sandalwood. Or add this blend to your Thera Lux Nebulizing Diffuser and diffuse for 15-30 minutes to create a calming space.
SUGAR SCRUB: To exfoliate the skin and smooth the appearance, mix together: 6 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas), 4 drops of Geranium, 10 drops of Cypress, 8 drops of Tangerine and 10 drops of Frankincense with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of Jojoba and 1/4 cup of Sesame oils. Stir to mix well. Use as a last step in the shower, on wet skin. Gently massage 1 tablespoon at a time over the entire body. Rinse away the sugar to leave the oils behind to work their magic. Note: Use a spoon to scoop out. Do not get wet to avoid contamination (2% dilution)
SHAMPOO: Add to 1 tablespoon of your shampoo: 1 drop of Cedarwood (Atlas) and 2 drops of Tea Tree. Massage well into the scalp; rinse well before using conditioner.
NOURISHED SKIN: Add to a 2 ounce bottle: 2 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas), 2 drops of Carrot Seed, 4 drops of Geranium, 6 drops of Frankincense and 6 drops of Lavender (Bulgarian or French), then fill with Argan oil. Apply after shower or bath to seal in moisture and nourish the body and soul. (1.7% dilution)
CLOSET SPRAY: In a 4 ounce spray bottle add: 1 ounces of Lemongrass hydrosol, 1 ounces of Lavender hydrosol, 1 ounces of Peppermint hydrosol and 1 ounce of witch hazel. To this hydrosol blend add: 20 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas), 10 drops of Citronella and 10 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus. Shake well before each use. Mist as needed to relieve musty smells and discourage pests. Shelf life: 1 week
FRAGRANT SACHET: Fill an empty sachet bag with dried flowers, herbs or cotton balls. Add: 6-10 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas) to the sachet filling; close and place the sachet in drawers, or hang in your closet.
More from the blog: