Coffee essential oil is a balanced extraction that puts the reviving aroma of freshly brewed coffee at your fingertips.
Is there anything more enchanting than coffee on a cold winter morning? There is something magical about the way the steam lifts from the cup and warms the air.
Coffee is grown in subtropical environments around the world. The evergreen shrub blooms white fragrant flowers in the wet spring.
After nine months, small green oblong fruits sprout and ripen on the flowers. The small fruits are called “cherries” and ripen to a red purple color and usually hold two seeds. Those seeds are harvested and roasted as the coffee beans we know and love, offering an inviting cup of freshly brewed coffee.
Botanical Name: Coffea robusta
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Bean
Aroma: Warmly inviting, deliciously rich, and true to freshly brewed Coffee
Blends Well With: Cocoa Absolute, Vanilla Absolute
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Contains 1.0-1.5% caffeine.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Coffee essential oil is derived from the oil of Coffee beans through a process called cold pressing. A cold press works by pricking the beans, causing the essential oil to be released. The oil and water then drip down into a container and are separated in a centrifuge. While it may not be possible to make Coffee essential oil at home, you can make aromatic hydrosol water that contains many of the same therapeutic benefits as essential oil. Click here for instructions on how to make your own hydrosol.
- According to Robert Tisserand, “Coffee essential oil is a product of the coffee industry generally used in flavoring. One potential safety issue is that it contains a small amount of caffeine (0.5-1.5%). It is such a minute amount of caffient that it equals 2500 times less than from an average cup of coffee…so even those who are hypersensitive to caffeine are not likely to have a problem.” Always test new oils with a skin patch test to rule out allergies and allergic reactions.
- Essential oils are powerful, concentrated substances so a little goes a long way. Two of the most effective ways to use them are by way of inhalation and topical use. Using essential oils internally is rarely necessary or recommended, no matter the brand. Essential oil ingestion can lead to adverse reactions such as medication contraindications, mucous membrane irritation, sensitization and nausea if done incorrectly. Therefore, if you wish to drink essential oils, we strongly recommend first consulting with a knowledgeable professional with experience in internal use.
- Coffee essential oil, Coffea robusta, is a cold pressed oil made from crushing and grinding the beans to extract the oil. This in turn preserves the delicate properties of this extract. It has wellness benefits that range from anti-inflammatory actions to use as a skin care agent. It has a uplifting and robust aroma that can give a mood boost. The Linoleic acid found in coffee oil can rehydrate dry skin, aid mature skin and improve radical damage by regenerating and tightening the tissue.
- To make a coffee scrub, blend in a bowl: ¼ cup of Jojoba Oil and ¼ cup of Sweet almond carrier oils, ½ cup of sugar. 3 drops Coffee essential oil, 2 drops Cocoa essential oil as well as 3 drops Frankincense and 2 drops Sweet Orange. Stir to mix well. In the shower, make this your last step: with wet skin, scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and gently massage 1 tablespoon at a time over your entire body. Rinse off the scrub and gently blot skin dry to seal in moisture. Avoid getting water in the blend to prevent contamination.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
CHEER: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Coffee, 5 drops of Frankincense and 5 drops of Sandalwood. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Car Diffuser Diffuser for an uplifting drive.
COFFEE SUGAR SCRUB: Mix together the following to exfoliate the skin and smooth its appearance: 3 drops of Coffee, 2 drops of Cocoa, 3 drops of Frankincense and 2 drops of Orange. Add ½ cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of Jojoba and 1/4 cup of Sweet Almond. Stir to mix well. Use as a last step in the shower, on wet skin and use a spoon to scoop out. Gently massage 1 tablespoon at a time over the entire body. Rinse and blot skin dry to seal in moisture; revel in the aroma left on your skin and start your day with a boost. Avoid getting wet to prevent contamination. (.4% dilution)
INHALE AND INDULGE BLEND: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Coffee, 2 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin and 5 drops of Cocoa. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Scent Ball Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
More from the blog: