Breathing in and out is vital to our health. Cough & Congestion Relief Essential Oil Blend makes the simple act of letting air enter and escape from our lungs a little smoother, and less strained.
Cough & Congestion Relief has a clear and refreshing aroma that can relax lung spasms and assist with proper breathing when you need it most. The next time seasonal threats sneak up, lean on this blend to get you through.
Not sure which respiratory blend is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Although both essential oil blends target the relief of coughs and congestion, the oils in each blend do not overlap except for some of the oil components. Edens Gardens Cough & Congestion blend goes a step further than Young LIvings RC to tackle other issues you may be confronted with on top of respiratory congestion. With its congestion-reducing 1,8 cineole component, Rosemary is backed up with the addition of Cardamom carrying a fondness for decongesting the lungs but also the strength of inviting mental clarity when our heads are clouded. We like to think of this blend as a warm blanket with the heating pad of Juniper Berry - relieving aches in pains and acting as an antimicrobial along the way. Lastly, Hyssop is known for its exemplary attention to respiratory health including symptoms of coughs, the common cold, chest infections, sore throat, and asthma. Young Livings RC meanwhile contains Cypress, Spruce, and 3 chemotypes of Eucalyptus oil.
- Cough & Congestion essential oil blend is specially formulated to relieve issues associated with the common cold such as chest congestion, sore throats, coughing, and asthma. Juniper Berry aids the blend as an antimicrobial and relief of aches and pains that are related to the common cold. It is an excellent blend to use in a diffuser at intervals throughout the day to ease breathing difficulties.
- Topically Cough and Congestion make an incredible addition to anyone's medicine cabinet. Be sure to dilute the essential oil blend in any DIY project. For an easy-to-use recipe, blend Cough & Congestion into a chest and back rub by adding 10-15 drops of essential oil to 1 oz of unscented cream or carrier oil and massaging into the back and chest. Use as needed every few hours.
- Cough & Congestion Relief blend contains 4 essential oils. Rosemary is at the top of the list with its 1,8 cineole component that has been shown in studies to break up congestion and act as an expectorant. It is backed up by the addition of Cardamom has a fondness for decongesting the lungs but also has the strength of inviting mental clarity when our heads are clouded. We like to think of this blend as a warm blanket with a heating pad as Juniper Berry relieves aches in pains. Lastly, Hyssop is known for its attention to respiratory health including symptoms of coughs, the common cold, chest infections, sore throat, and asthma.
- You should use Cough & Congestion at the first sign of a cold or flu. Begin by diffusing it in your home and/or workspace to disinfect the air and invite deep breathing and clear airways. Juniper Berry has an affinity to act as an airborne antimicrobial, killing germs as it finds them. Steam inhalation is another incredible way to circulate this oil blend into your system to support your immune system.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser’s product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
BATH SALT: Combine 12 drops of Cough & Congestion Relief with 2 oz of carrier oil, then stir in 2 oz of Epsom salt. Add your bath salt to warm, steamy water and soak in the goodness.
STEAM: Add 2 drops of Cough & Congestion Relief essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Closing your eyes, place your face over the bowl, drape a towel over your head and the bowl and inhale deeply for several minutes.
More from the blog: