Step into the world of holistic wellness with Edens Garden's Juniper Berry essential oil, a natural treasure that should take pride of place in your self-care repertoire. Its crisp, piney fragrance with hints of fruitiness doesn’t just refresh the senses but also provides a sanctuary of calm in your busy life. Each bottle contains the essence of purity and relaxation, carefully steam-distilled from mature juniper cones—not berries as one might think—capturing the plant's soul over three years of growth. Imagine starting your day invigorated by the bright aroma, or winding down as it fosters tranquility after a long day.
It’s not just an oil; it's a versatile ally from the kitchen to the diffuser, promising affordability without compromising on quality. But Juniper Berry goes beyond its delightful scent. When massaged onto the skin with a carrier oil, it rejuvenates and energizes, acting as a diligent guardian of your vitality. And yes, let’s not forget the gentlemen—this oil adds a robust, masculine note to aftershaves and colognes, making it a thoughtful gift for the man in your life.
Join the legacy of Native Americans and Tibetans who have embraced juniper in sacred ceremonies, and allow this distilled elixir to be your daily dose of strength and serenity. Come, explore the multifaceted benefits and make Edens Garden's Juniper Berry essential oil a cherished part of your wellness collection.
Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Berries/Twigs
Blends Well With: Cypress, and other piney aromas
Aroma: Piney, camphorous, sweet, and slightly-fruity
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Juniperus communis is analgesic, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory, and circulatory stimulant. It can decongest and act as an antimicrobial as well as antioxidant. Emotionally it cleanses, removes stagnation and protects the mind driving out worry and negative energy - ridding the body of fatigue. It’s great to use in topical skin massage oil blends for aches and pains and will release long held tension - bringing warmth to muscle rubs or massage oils. Its ability to decongest the body improve circulation and gives a leg up regarding immune support. Used in a diffuesr blend, it will beat back microbes and bacteria.
- Research on this topic is very limited and there is not enough evidence or research studies conducted to show that Juniper Berry can be used effectively for weight loss. However, Juniper berry is a strong circulation stimulant. Due to this it may help reduce water retention. With a topical application via massage, Juniper Berry could assist with expelling excess water from the body.
- Juniper is similar in aromatics to pine, resinous and woodsy oils it leans toward being somewhat masculine. Used in commercial cologne blends often, its notes are fresh and clean, crisp and enlivening. To enhance and bring even more depth to its aroma, blend it with likeminded essential oils such as Cedarwood, Fir Needle and Cypress.
- Resin oils such as Frankincense and Benzoin can pair well with Juniper Berry. Cypress, Black Spruce, Fir Needle, Lavender and other piney aromas work well in blends for muscle aches and pains. Lemon and Grapefruit can enhance Juniper Berries enlivening aroma as well as Rosemary. For its antibacterial and antimicrobial action, add it to a DIY cleaning product with Tea Tree and Lemongrass.
- Juniper Berry has an invigorating and energizing aromatic but it also helps to release tension and stress. So if you are in need of staying awake, you can add Juniper Berry to a blend that supports other oils that are stimulating to the Central Nervous System such as Lemon, Rosemary and Peppermint. Added to blends to help calm the Nervous System such as Lavender, Vetiver and other calming wood and grounding oils, it will help to keep your energy relaxed.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
MUSCLE MASSAGE: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 8 drops of Juniper Berry, 5 drops of Helichrysum, 2 drops of Peppermint and 5 drops of Copaiba, then fill with Jojoba oil. Shake to mix well. Apply enough of this mixture to cover the affected area and massage into the skin. (1.7% dilution)
FATIGUE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Juniper Berry, 5 drops of Basil and 5 drops of Grapefruit. Or add Juniper Berry to your Thera Lux Nebulizing diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
SUGAR SCRUB: Add to an 8 ounce jar: 12 drops of Juniper Berry, 10 drops of Cypress, 12 drops of Tangerine, 14 drops of Grapefruit, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of Jojoba and 1/4 cup of Sesame oils. Stir to mix well. Use as a last step in the shower on wet skin. Gently massage 1 tablespoon at a time over the entire body. Rinse and blot skin dry to seal in moisture; revel in the aroma left on your skin. Use a spoon to scoop out. Avoid getting product wet to prevent contamination. (1.9% dilution)
CLEANING SPRAY: Add to an 8 ounce spray bottle: 24 drops of Juniper Berry, 30 drops of Lemon, 22 drops of Tea Tree and 22 drops of Peppermint, then fill with 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 grain alcohol. Shake well before each use.
More from the blog: