Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Having a sharp mind doesn’t necessarily mean you must have tension in your body. Relax and focus with Silver Fir essential oil. Commonly referred to as "White Fir", Silver Fir is fresh and slightly-camphorous aroma evokes stability, energy and empowerment.
Native to North America and Europe, Fir trees produce needle-like leaves and have soft, odorless wood. There are about 40 different species of fir trees on the planet. To extract the essential oil, the leaves are put through a steam distillation process. Keeping a bottle of Silver Fir at your workplace is remarkably helpful in keeping up the day’s energy.
Not sure which Fir is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Botanical Name: Abies alba
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Needles
Note: Middle - Top
Synonym: Silver Fir Needle, Silver Spruce, White Fir
Blends Well With: Cypress, and other trees; Mandarin, and other citrus
Aroma: Fresh, terpenic, refreshingly bright, and slightly-camphorous
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Like most fir essential oils, Silver Fir is revitalizing and restorative. In massage, Silver Fir relieves muscle aches and joint pain. For those who battle with fatigue throughout the day, skip the extra cup of coffee and diffuse energizing Silver Fir. If you find yourself lacking in confidence and self-esteem, Silver Fir helps bolster boldness and self-assurance. Try using it in an essential oil diffuser to obtain its many therapeutic benefits.
- There are several ways to effectively use Silver Fir essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.)Add 6 drops to ½ cup of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Silver Fir essential oil is safe for kids ages 2+ – in fact, it’s found in some of our OK For Kids essential oil blends like Sniffles & Sneezes and Breathe In, Breathe Out. Clean and earthy, Silver Fir assists with respiratory support, decongesting and soothing tired muscles. After your child’s sports practice, create a soothing muscle mixture by combining 6 drops Silver Fir and 1 ounce of carrier oil. If your child is experiencing congestion and difficulty breathing, add 6 drops of Silver Fir to the shower floor. Have them sit in the bathroom to inhale the therapeutic steam.
- Silver Fir (Abies alba) is also commonly known as White Fir. They are the same oil. Our Silver Fir essential oil was previously named White Fir. Though we never changed sources for this essential oil, we decided to rename it Silver Fir as we felt this name was more well-known than White Fir and would help our customers find it better. Again, this oil has not changed sources – the only thing that’s changed is the name.
- Camphorous Silver Fir essential oil is one of the most complex substances found in nature. As such, it makes a great addition to natural DIYs. One of our favorite DIYs is an anti-inflammatory massage oil that combines 6 drops Silver Fir, 6 drops Plai and 6 drops Cajeput in 1 ounce Avocado carrier oil. A great cold-stopper DIY blends 6 drops Silver Fir, 6 drops Ravintsara and 6 drops Yuzu. Add 10 drops per 100 ml of water in an essential oil diffuser when you feel a cold coming on.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
INHALATION: Add the following to an amber glass bottle: 15 drops of Silver Fir, 20 drops of Eucalyptus (Radiata), 15 drops of Tea Tree and 10 drops of Myrtle. Shake to mix well. Fill a bowl with steamy water; add to the bowl 2 drops of the essential oil mixture, covering your head and bowl with a towel to keep the steam in. Inhale through your nose, with eyes closed. Breathe in the vapors for several minutes, or as desired.
INHALER/DIFFUSER: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Silver Fir, 5 drops of Frankincense and 5 drops of Niaouli. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
FOOT BATH: Mix 5 drops of Silver Fir and 3 drops of Tea Tree in 1 oz Jojoba oil and 1 oz salt. Add to a full basin of warm water and soak feet for 15 minutes or as desired.
SHAMPOO: Add to 1 tablespoon of your shampoo: 1 drop of Silver Fir and 2 drops of Tea Tree. Massage well into the scalp; rinse well before using conditioner.
ROOM SPRAY: In an 8 ounce spray bottle add 60 drops of Silver Fir, 40 drops of Orange, 10 drops of Cinnamon Bark and 10 drops of Peppermint, then fill with 2 oz grain alcohol and 6 oz distilled water. Shake well before each use. Mist as needed to relieve musty smells and discourage pests.
SPORTS MASSAGE: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 8 drops of Silver Fir, 2 drops of Peppermint, 5 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Rosemary, then fill with Jojoba oil and shake to mix well. Massage into sore muscles. (1.7% dilution)
More from the blog: