Escape the monotony of day-to-day life with the bright, zesty and invigorating aroma of Ginger Around The World essential oil. Sourced from five different countries, this Ginger oil is a force to be reckoned with where digestion and respiratory problems linger. Its spicy and potent profile also helps spark fresh energy and motivation.
Botanical Names: Zingiber officinale
Origins: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Madagascar, India, China
Method: Steam Distilled, CO2 Extracted
Plant Part: Root
Blends Well With: Cinnamon, Mandarin, Jasmine
Aroma: Spicy, bright, zesty and invigorating
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Ginger essential oil is made via steam distillation. In steam distillation, plant material is placed in a still, water is added, then heat is applied to the unit. As water heats, plants release their essential oil, the oil rises with steam droplets that are sucked into a pipe and the oil and water are then separated. While it may not be possible to make Ginger essential oil at home, you can make aromatic hydrosol water that contains many of the same therapeutic benefits as an essential oil. Click here for instructions on how to make your own hydrosol.
- Ginger Around the World is a concentrated blend of Ginger essential oil that is made by combining the oils of the plants found in all the natural places it grows. This will bring you a super concentrated and delightful single oil that we know you will love. We incorporate Ginger grown in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Madagascar, India and China to make this powerhouse oil. The India blend is a CO2 distillate that contains a number of larger molecule constituents that is not normally found in steam distilled Ginger.
- While there are many essential oil companies in the market today, Edens Garden has consistently risen above the competition and is considered the best source for 100% pure Ginger essential oil. We strive to offer unparalleled value and wellness in every drop of essential oil we carry (without the pesky MLM markups). Our oils are third-party GC/MS tested for 100% purity, safety and quality so you can rest assured that you’re getting the very best. Furthermore, our top-quality oils are a reflection of the hard work and expertise of our partner farms and distilleries. We support farms that put people first and uphold rigorous quality standards. We also give back a percentage of all Edens Garden profits to a variety of organizations that are building a better tomorrow, so you can feel good about your purchase.
- We wholly recommend using Ginger oil diluted in blend with a carrier oil or body butter such as Shea and beeswax. As with all essential oils, we do not recommend using any undiltued on the skin as they are strong concentrations of plant constituents and can potentially cause skin irritation, redness, rash, etc. As Ginger is indicated for aiding physical issues such as nausea, upset stomach, morning sickness and other digestive issues plus sore muscles and joint pain. Blended and diluted into a massage oil, it pairs well with other anti-inflammatory and analgesic essential oils for muscle aches and joint pain in salves and rubs.
- Essential oils are powerful, concentrated substances so a little goes a long way. Two of the most effective ways to use them is by way of inhalation for respiratory issues and topical use for bowel distress or to boost digestion and improve appetite. Drinking Ginger essential oil is rarely necessary or recommended, no matter the brand. Essential oil ingestion can lead to adverse reactions such as medication contraindications, mucous membrane irritation, sensitization and nausea if done incorrectly. Therefore, if you wish to drink essential oils, we strongly recommend consulting with a knowledgeable professional with experience in internal use.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.