Health is something most of us strive for in our lives. We work out, eat green veggies and try our best to take care of our emotional state. It’s not always easy but we work at it with whatever time we have. Guava Seed is the enhancement your healthy lifestyle needs.
Botanical Name: Psidium guajava
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Delightfully fruity and true to Guava
Consistency: Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
Color: Pale Yellow
Absorption: Guava Seed is absorbed slowly, leaving skin feeling smooth
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 1 Year
- It should be noted that unrefined and cold pressed, virgin Guava Seed oil is made directly from dried Guava Seeds. Macerated Guava oil is different from cold pressed Guava Seed oil. Guava Seed oil is made by cold pressing the seeds to extract the seed oil. Its properties are more pure and intensely filled with essential fatty acids beneficial to skin and hair health. The cold pressed method generally requires a machine press. Macerated Guava oil on the other hand, can be made at home by infusing a carrier oil such as Jojoba oil using an old folk method. It's made by soaking the dried Guava seeds in a clean glass mason jar with a neutral oil such as Jojoba oil in the sun for 4-6 weeks and shaking the jar every day. When that time has elapsed, straining the seeds from the oil will make the infused Guava oil.
- Guava Seed oil contains an abundance of essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid, phenols and studies have shown that it can encourage wound healing, reduce redness, maintain elasticity, tone loose skin and improve skin texture by hydrating which helps to prevent early signs of aging via topical application. It helps to strengthen skin as the first line of defense and works by retaining moisture and inhibiting infections. For these same reasons, it can also help encourage stronger hair and hair vitality by enlivening dry and brittle hair most likely by reducing occurrence of dandruff.
- Yes, Guava seed oil aids and hydrates dry skin adding elasticity and an ability to protect and help to maintain the skin's natural barrier and moisture level. It is acknowledged as being able to reduce pore size and reduce issues with acne. It does this because of its high level of fatty acids including linoleic acid which improves skin texture and tone. It is also effective in reducing the redness seen around stretch marks or scars, while maintaining elasticity, and preventing early signs of wrinkles.
- The aroma of Guava Seed oil is fruity and mildly sweet which has the tangy character of the fruit. Its fruit notes are tropical, citrusy and slightly nutty and the oil has a warmth that is evocative of wood notes that highlight the muskiness of moss and fern.
- A comedogenic ingredient is a substance that has a high likelihood of clogging pores which can lead to acne, blemishes and blackheads. The comedogenic rating of Guava Seed oil is 1 to 2 out of 5 (5 being the most severe clogging). Conclusively, this means that Guava Seed oil will not clog most people's pores but for those whose skin is easily irritated due to sensitive skin or oily skin, it is recommended to perform a skin patch test of Guava Seed oil on the inner arm for 24 hours before using over a larger portion of the body. If redness, itchiness or irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
Luxury Shot Glass Bath:
1 shot glass
1 tsp Guava Seed Oil
Unscented Bubble Bath
2 drops Davana Essential Oil
2 drops Spanish Rosemary Essential Oil
2 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Add 1 tsp of Guava Seed Oil to a 1.5 oz shot glass and then add the essential oils. Give the EO and carrier a quick stir until it starts to become milky in appearance and then fill half way with unscented bubble bath. Fill the rest of the way with more unscented bubble bath and mix thoroughly until the carrier and EO are completely incorporated. You should end up with a smooth, milky bath mix. Add the content of the shot glass to running water at a temperature comfortable for you (be sure to rinse the glass in the running tub to get all the goodness out!), and soak to your heart’s content. This bath will provide a light layer of bubbles, but the unscented bath will incorporate the Guava Seed Oil and the EOs throughout the bathwater for and easily formulated soak and mess-free clean up.
More from the blog: