Helichrysum- Gymnocephalum is a breath of fresh air. Its soft, eucalyptus-like aroma opens airways, disinfects the air and clears congestion making it a great pick for overall respiratory health. Combine with other Helichrysums to create a powerful respiratory blend that doubles as a skin-nourishing serum when diluted.
If you’re feeling tired or lethargic, Helichrysum- Gymnocephalum can help boost your day. Try using EG’s Personal Pocket Inhaler and take deep breaths throughout your day.
Not sure which Helichrysum is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Botanical Name: Helichrysum gymnocephalum
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Herb
Note: Top - Middle
Blends Well With: Basil, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Wintergreen
Aroma: Medicinal, sweet, rounded, green
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Shelf Life: 2-3 years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Helichrysum Gymnocephalum has a soft, somewhat floral and fresh, eucalyptus-like aroma due to its 1,8 cineole content that helps to open airways, clear congestion and can disinfect the air making it a great pick for overall respiratory health.
- Helichrysum Gymnocephalum’s high 1,8 cineole content gives this oil a cool, medicinal quality. As such, it can be used to support the respiratory system, and when paired with Helichrysum italicum, it may soothe symptoms of allergies such as sneezing. Native to Madagascar, this oil has also been used for its benefit as an antiseptic when diluted. Helichrysum Italicum is best known for its skin nourishing, healing and restorative properties. More specifically, this golden oil has properties that heal soft tissue damage and is part of our Scar Therapy Essential Oil Roll-On.
- Due to its 1,8 cineole content, this oil can benefit anyone with respiratory issues. It can help with everything that causes breathing difficulties from allergy season to colds and touches of flu. It helps to clear congestion and disinfect the air, working well in diffusers, nasal inhalers and in chest and back rub blends. Try it also paired with other oils during cold and flu season to disinfect the air and open the breath. One small word of caution is that the property 1,8 cineole can cause adverse breathing issues with those who suffer from asthma. If you or someone you know has asthma, make sure they take a short whiff of this oil and any others with 1,8 cineole to make sure it does not restrict their breathing.
- There are several ways to effectively use Helichrysum Gymnocephalum essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.)Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Due to its content of the component 1,8 cineole this oil is contraindicated for children under the age of 10. According to Essential Oil Safety by Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young, “1,8 Cineole has been reported to cause CNS and breathing problems in young children.”
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
INHALATION: Add 10 drops of Helichrysum Gymnocephalum to a personal inhaler and inhale throughout the day.
FATIGUE: In a 10 ml roll-on, add 3 drops Helichrysum Gymnocephalum, 1 drop Yuzu and 1 drop Key Lime. Top off with Coconut carrier oil and roll-on to your shirt collar.
SPORTS MASSAGE: Add to a 2 oz PET plastic squeeze bottle, 9 drops Helichrysum Gymnocephalum, 10 drops Copaiba, 6 drops Helichrysum Italicum and 5 drops Ginger. Top off with Argan carrier oil.
BATH SALT: Blend 5 drops Helichrysum Gymnocephalum in 1 oz of Cucumber carrier oil and add to 1 oz pink Himalayan salt. Add to running bath water.
More from the blog: