Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Purify your spaces with Kunzea. With an array of uses, Kunzea might just be the pure oil you’ve been searching for. Wild crafted in Tasmania, Kunzea’s penetrating analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties make this oil a great addition to massage blends.
Kunzea is commonly called “tick bush,” because animals seek relief from ticks under its bushes. Allow its medicinal aroma to uplift the senses and stimulate creativity. Kunzea is steam distilled and blends incredibly well with Tea Tree and Lemongrass.
Botanical Name: Kunzea ambigua
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Note: Top- Middle
Blends Well With: Tea Tree, Rosalina, Lemon, Lemongrass
Aroma: Sweet, medicinal, camphoraceous with a dry note
Consistency: Thin- Medium
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 5 years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Kunzea essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.)Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Kunzea, aka Kunzea ambigua, is an essential oil that is steam distilled from the flowers of this small Myrtle family shrub that is native to Australia and Asia. It also goes by the names white kunzea, poverty bush and tick bush. Its flowers are sweetly fragrant and bloom between September to January (summer in Australia). The oil is a top-middle note and has a thin-medium consistency and is pale to amber in color.
- Kunzea essential oil has potent anti-inflammatory properties that work well in analgesic massage oil blends for the pain of rheumatoid arthritis and rheumatism. It also offers stress relief and helps to open airways in respiratory blends. As an antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial it would do well in homemade cleaning products and is great for refreshing and energizing a space. It can also be added to bug repellants to avoid insect bites.
- Kunzea essential oil is harvested from a small flowering shrub endemic to Australia and Asia. It is part of the Myrtle family of plants and has a few different names including Tick Bush and Poverty Bush as well as White Kunzea. The leaves are steam distilled from this small shrub and make a lovely top-middle note. The oil has a thin consistency that is pale to amber in color.
- Aromatically, Kunzea has a pleasant and sweet, crisp and somewhat woody perfume. It’s noticeably mellow with subtle aromatics that can be reminiscent of a few different oils combined. Think of dry, camphorous hints of Manuka with florals and slight invigorating medicinal undertones of Eucalyptus. The oil has a pale yellow to orange tinge and comparable properties to Tea Tree essential oil.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
INHALATION: Add the following to a 5ml amber glass bottle: 40 drops Kunzea, 40 drops Clementine and 40 drops Douglas Fir. Shake to mix well. Fill a bowl with steamy water; add to the bowl 2 drops of the essential oil mixture, covering your head and bowl with a towel to keep the steam in. Inhale through your nose, with eyes closed. Breathe in the vapors for five minutes, or as desired.
DIFFUSE: Diffuse purifying Kunzea for a fresh and frargant indoor atmosphere.
RENEW: Blend 5 drops Kunzea, 5 drops Frankincense Sacra and 5 drops Plai in 1 oz Macadamia carrier oil. Massage into skin for a grounding and revitalizing way to end your long day.
More from the blog: