Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Transport to a more tranquil and serene frame of mind with Lavender in this Around The World essential oil. Harvested from five different Lavender fields in France, Greece, Bulgaria, China and India, this oil encapsulates the very best Lavender has to offer. Its honey-ed and floral aroma is sprinkled with woodsy, grassy and powdery notes. Uniquely adaptable and all-purpose, the combination of five Lavenders makes its relaxing, calming and pain-relieving properties especially effective. Diffuse this Around The World Oil to help improve anxiety levels and cope with the large and small stresses in your life.
Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
Origins: Bulgaria, China, France, Greece, India
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Flowers
Note: Middle - Top
Blends Well With: Grapefruit, Ylang Ylang, and other florals
Aroma: Sweet, floral, fresh and clean
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Lavender Around the World is a cultivated blend of the genus Lavandula angustifolia cultivated from plants grown and sourced from five different countries. It is the essential oil most of us are referring to when we talk about Lavender. This blend is made from the plant grown in incredibly rich fields found in France, Greece, Bulgaria, China and India. This oil blend comprises the best all of these countries have to offer without losing any strength of purity in the blend itself. Its floral aroma is sprinkled with woodsy, grassy and powdery notes and uniquely adapted to provide its effects of relaxation, calm, pain relieving, inflammation reducing and anti-anxiety effects in one powerhouse blend. This blend can be used to make a massage oil, skin irritation blends for insect bites or other skin condition, into a linen spray, or with other oils to relieve headaches or used as is in an essential oil diffuser.
- Lavender essential oil is the most versatile oil in aromatherapy. It has the strength to pair well with most oils out there including citrus, pines, firs, herbal and other floral oils combine especially well with Lavender. Moreso, to make Lavender more grounding, resin and base note oils such as Frankincense and Patchouli are incredible influencers on Lavender's aroma. Some of our favorites to blend with Lavender are Peppermint, Tea Tree, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Marjoram, Bergamot, Orange- Sweet, etc. The list is endless and depending on what your ultimate goal is for a blend, it will most likely end up with Lavender in it! Whatever you make, be sure to dilute it in a carrier oil such as coconut oil.
- Lavender has been shown in numerous studies to have a gamut of purposes. As a highly versatile oil, with properties that are calming, sedative, anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory, anti-itch and wound healing, diluted Lavender oil should be in everyone’s arsenal – dog owner or not. Feel free to diffuse Lavender but by all means, ensure proper ventilation and that your dog is free to leave the room if desired. That being said, regardless of the safety of lavender, puppies and dogs with health conditions may be too sensitive to essential oil exposure. We also don’t recommend topical or oral application of essential oils, unless advised by an animal aromatherapist. To understand a little more about safe oils for dogs, read this blog post.
- There are many different ways to extract essential oil from plants with steam distillation being the most common. Steam Distillation is the process of separating the components or substances of the plant material by using selective boiling and condensation to capture the oil and the water components. During distillation, the essential oil separates from the water byproduct aka hydrosol. Lavender hydrosol is gentle & safe enough to use with babies under the age of 2.
- We know that it takes a lot of plant material to make a bottle of oil. To break it down for Lavender essential oil production, you need 250 lbs of Lavender plant material to make 1 pound of Lavender essential oil. If we break this down, there are approximately 480 milliliters in one pound of oil which means you need ½ pound of lavender plant material to make 1 ml of oil. Multiply that by 5 and we find that it takes 2.5 lbs of fresh lavender to make one 5 ml bottle of oil.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.