Refresh your environment with the purifying and cleansing properties of Lemon in this Around The World essential oil. Sourced from four different Lemon farms across three continents, this oil’s bright and zesty aroma promotes positive thinking. High in the constituent limonene, the combination of four oils in one enhances its range of antibacterial and antioxidant properties to give your cleaning routine a boost. Diffuse this Around The World oil to spark fresh energy and instantly lift your mood.
Botanical Name: Citrus limon, Citrus limon spatafora
Origins: Argentina, Italy, Spain
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Lime, and other citrus; Frankincense, and other resins
Aroma: Citrusy, crisp, clean and bright
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Lemon acts as an antibacterial and antifungal which is why you find it often in cleaning products. It is also an incredible addition to immunity blends and is known for its antioxidant properties. Use it also in topical skin treatment blends to aid the healing of blemishes and wounds and as an antioxidant. As an astringent, it is an excellent addition to help control oily skin conditions and body care. Other uses include controlling body odor, reducing nausea, relieving stress, uplifting mood and as an energy booster.
- Essential oils derived from citrus peels are cold pressed as opposed to steam distilled. Cold pressing the peels of citrus fruits preserves the botanical integrity of the oils. This process involves mechanically pressing or squeezing the rind of the fruit to express the essential oil from them. If there is any water byproduct, such as juice from the fruit, it is separated from the essential oil before bottling.
- Dogs have a unique physiology, and cannot metabolize most essential oils as humans can and it’s why we must be careful with how we use essential oils around dogs. When choosing which oils to use with your pup, keep the following in mind: your dog’s age, size, medical history, allergies, and needs. With all this in mind, Lemon essential oil is on the safe list to use around dogs. If you would like to read more about what oils are safe and which to avoid, check out our blog post on essential oils and dogs here.
- Because ants use pheromone trails to communicate and navigate, as well as to find food, essential oils have been shown to disrupt their trails, ultimately disorienting them. To make use of essential oils for disrupting ant behavior, dampen a cotton ball or kitchen towel with an essential oil of your choosing (such as Lemon, Lemongrass, Orange, Peppermint, etc) and simply wipe down any points of entry such as window sills, baseboards, countertops and door frames. Repeating this method daily will help deter ants until the issue improves.
- Lemon essential oil can be used to support the immune system and promote well-being. Lemon essential oil has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, which may help treat a sore throat and prevent infection. Consider using lemon when you feel a sore throat coming on along with other antimicrobial essential oils such as Peppermint, Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme and Eucalyptus, Sage and Oregano. Make a massage oil with some of the above oils and massage it topically over your throat - use it a few times throughout the following days until signs of the sore throat have disappeared.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.