A burst of freshness, this Around The World essential oil is an instant pick-me-up. Harvested from five different Orange groves spread across the planet, this oil epitomizes the therapeutic benefits associated with orange. Its sweet and juicy aroma helps alleviate the mental pressures of stress while promoting a sunnier disposition. Rich with immune-boosting, antioxidant and energizing properties, this Around The World oil refreshes your senses and surroundings.
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Origins: California, Belize, Florida, Greece, Italy
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Vetiver, and other deep aromas; Cinnamon, and other spices
Aroma: Sweet, citrusy, tart, and fruity
Color: Bright Yellow
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Essential oils are powerful, concentrated substances so a little goes a long way. Two of the most effective ways to use them is by way of inhalation and topical use. Ingesting Orange essential oil is rarely necessary or recommended, no matter the brand. Ingestion can lead to adverse reactions such as medication contraindications, mucous membrane irritation, sensitization and nausea if done incorrectly. Therefore, if you wish to take essential oils internally, we strongly recommend consulting with a knowledgeable professional with experience in internal use.
- Could you create a harmful combination by combining two otherwise harmless essential oils? After all, there are plenty of chemicals you shouldn’t mix (bleach and ammonia, for example). Luckily, the answer is no – there are no two harmless essential oils that become harmful when combined. However, this doesn’t mean that essential oils are without safety considerations. With that said, Lemon and Orange make a wonderful combination. They share similar therapeutic benefits that become enhanced when blended.
- Orange essential oil is known for its relaxant properties that help to calm the central nervous system, reduce irritability and nervousness as well as relieve stress and anxiety and even ease a headache. Due to this, its ability to usher in quiet sleep is well known. However, some essential oils work better in tandem with other calming and sedating essential oils. Orange has been the subject of numerous studies and it has been shown to improve people achieve slow wave or deep sleep for longer periods of time. What's great is that it is a safe oil for adults and children alike.
- Contrary to popular belief, essential oils (including Orange) do not contain vitamins and minerals. If you’re looking to add more vitamins to your routine, the best way to obtain them is by adding them to your diet. Whole oranges are a great addition to a well-balanced diet for their hefty vitamin C content. If you’re looking to add vitamin C to your skincare routine, try this DIY Vitamin C Serum with essential oils. Alternatively, vitamin E oil makes a great (albeit, thick) carrier to dilute essential oils.
- Essential oils derived from citrus peels, such as Bitter Orange, are cold pressed as opposed to steam distilled. Cold pressing the peels of citrus fruits preserves the botanical integrity of the oils. This process involves mechanically pressing or squeezing the rind of the fruit to express the essential oil from them. If there is any water byproduct, such as juice from the fruit, it is separated from the essential oil before bottling. From there, our oils are third-party GC/MS tested for purity and quality before being hand-poured and shipped to you from our facility in Southern California.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.