Free shipping on all orders in the US!
This beautiful oil has a sweet, fruity aroma. The fatty acid profile of the carrier makes Pomegranate Seed oil a deeply nourishing and indulgent option for your natural skincare products, its application leaving behind a very smooth, almost velvety finish. Conditioning and soothing, it’s also a great option for mature skin or those areas that will benefit from a bit extra moisturizing.
Botanical Name: Punica granatum
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Potent, raw, seedy, sweet
Consistency: Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
Color: Pale Amber
Absorption: Pomegranate Seed is absorbed slowly
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 6 Months - 1 Year
- Pomegranate Seed oil has punicic acid which has been studied for its anti-inflammatory abilities on top of its antioxidant properties. It also has been touted for its ability to protect collagen fibers, offer wound healing and reduce the appearance of scars. Pomegranate oil can protect your body from free radicals and skin damage, skin inflammation and oxidative stress and enhance skin elasticity. It may also promote collagen production and protect the scalp and promote hair growth. It has a comedogenic rating of 1 which means that it will not clog pores and also that its will not leave a greasy residue.
- Pomegranate Seed oil is made by cold pressing the seeds to extract the oil. The dried seeds are machine pressed in a cold state to maintain the essential fatty acids and other nutrients in the natural oil. If desired you can make an infused or macerated Pomegranate Seed oil at home with a carrier oil - but note that this is an entirely different product. It's made by soaking the dried seeds in a clean glass mason jar with a neutral carrier oil such as Jojoba oil in the sun for 4-6 weeks. The jar should be shaken daily to get the most out of the seeds. After that period, the seeds are strained from the oil for the finished product.
- Known as the ‘fruit of life’, it can be used as a massage oil, blended with essential oils and used to treat dry and chapped skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Add it to an unscented liquid soap for use in the shower or to liquid hand soap to encourage wound healing and protect the skin against damage. Try it as scalp oil or blend it into an unscented shampoo to stimulate scalp circulation and protect hair follicles - allowing for growth of strong, healthy hair.
- You can use Pomegranate Seed oil directly on the face before bed or under makeup. Try blending it with floral and wood essential oils that can bolster the age-defying effects of this carrier oil. To use it before bed or under makeup, place a small amount on the palm of your hand and rub it between your palms and fingers and massage it gently into the skin.
- Pomegranate Seed oil has a light fruity aroma that is somewhat sweet and nutty and carries a light amber hue. Due to its natural antioxidants, Pomegranate Seed oil has a shelf life of 1-2 years. Once old, it will have a sour, rancid odor. To dispose of the expired oil, seal it in its container and place in the trash or you can consider composting the vegetable oil.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
Pomegranate Seed Oil Lip Scrub
1 10g Lip Pot
2 tsp organic white sugar
1 tsp Pomegranate Seed Oil
Add the sugar and Pomegranate Seed Oil to a small, clean glass (a shot glass works perfectly here) and mix thoroughly. Transfer the sugar scrub to the lip pot and seal. To use, remove a small bit with the finger and massage gently into your lips before rinsing clean with warm water. Immediately apply your favorite moisturizing lip balm! Your lips will be smooth and soft!
More from the blog: