Unearth the energizing and restorative benefits of Rosemary with this Around The World essential oil. Sourced from five different farms scattered across two continents, the five Rosemary oils unite into one to provide unsurpassed therapeutic results. Its earthy and clean aroma help stimulate cognitive function while clearing away mental fatigue. Rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties often used in skincare, this Around The World oil also helps support the respiratory and immune functions of the body to help build a firm foundation for overall health.
Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Origins: Corsica, Italy, Morocco, Spain, Tunisia
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Note: Middle - Top
Blends Well With: Myrrh, and other resins; Lavender, and other florals
Aroma: Herbaceous, camphorous, and slightly floral
Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children. Do not use if you have a seizure disorder.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are many oils within the realm of possibility when making blends with Rosemary essential oil. Rosemary on its own is well known for its ability to improve memory and mental fatigue, help with respiratory ailments and enable you to breathe clearly. Its camphor, earthy aroma blends well with other oils and only enhances its competence. Lavender has a special place alongside Rosemary - Lavender the calming force and Rosemary with its fortitude for improving mental clarity and focus - these oils pair incredibly well and together are ideal in pain blends. Using a very small amount for skin blends can activate the antibacterial qualities of Rosemary to help clear up acne. Try also blending Rosemary with Citrus oils, such as Tangerine and Sweet Orange give for an uplifting, mood-enhancing aromatic.
- Citrus combines really well with Rosemary, enhancing its uplifting quality and adding the benefit of Grapefruit's sunshiny disposition and Rosemary’s ability to improve cognitive function. Just be careful when planning on being in the sun that you don't put too much Grapefruit on your skin as it is a phototoxic oil. If used on the skin, it is wise to stay out of direct sunlight for 18 hours. To be safe and avoid phototoxicity, Grapefruit should be used at a maximum of 1% dilution in topical skin blends - that's 5-6 drops in 1 oz of carrier oil. Read more about using phototoxic oils on our blog.
- Rosemary is known by its Latin name, Rosemarinus officinalis. What makes this blend of Rosemary essential oil so special is that it captivates the plant from 5 different locations around the world. Steamed distilled from the plant's leaves, it is harvested from Corsica, Italy, Morocco, Spain and Tunisia. Its earthy and refreshing aroma helps stimulate cognitive function while clearing away mental fatigue. Rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties often used in skincare, for respiratory health and immune boosting.
- Rosemary Around the World comprises the best benefits of all the rosemary’s combined. The constituents found in the different types of rosemary include 1,8 Cineole, known for its strength and clearing the respiratory tract, mental stimulation and clarity, a-pinene for its affinity as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and camphor to aid skin conditions, respiratory function and pain relieving properties. Using Around the World blend will give you the benefits of all of the above properties for opening the breath, increasing mental clarity and focus and for its pain relieving talent.
- Rosemary has been touted as successfully promoting hair growth. Scientific studies have strongly suggested that Rosemary increases circulation and can protect against hair loss, particularly that related to male or female pattern baldness. To use Rosemary for hair growth, blend it with an unscented shampoo (10-15 drops per ounce of liquid and massaging the scalp for a few minutes rinsing the hair thoroughly afterward.)
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.