We all wish we could take an eraser to scars and imperfections, and now you can. Minimize scars, blemishes and imperfections with Scar Therapy essential oil blend.
Formulated with restorative oils of Turmeric, Frankincense, Helichrysum and more, Scar Therapy is the ultimate combination for restoring your complexion. What’s more, this blend reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation and texture while promoting even skin tone.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Edens Garden is happy to help you care for your skin and minimize scars, blemishes and imperfections with Scar Therapy essential oil blend. For best results and for either new or old scars both will need a lot of attentive care. Try making yourself a gentle facial sugar scrub as well as a scar massage oil. For the scrub: mix 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 3-4 drops of Scar Therapy essential oil. Scrub the face gently. Then blend this essential oil combo into a topical skin healing blend with 1 oz of carrier oil (we highly recommend oils high in omega fatty acids such as Hemp Seed oil or Rosehip oil.) Using 15-18 drops, mix it into a carrier oil such as Hemp Seed oil and massage it directly into the scar area 3-4 times a day. Note: to best preserve the essential fatty acids in the hemp and Rosehip oil, store your DIY project in the refrigerator. Newer scars will diminish much faster than older scars but both take earnest and tireless work! We also highly recommend performing a skin patch test on the inner arm when using a new essential oil topically to rule out any adverse skin reactions.
- Resin oils seem to have an affinity for the skin as well as floral oils which is why this blend is packed with oils that can help restore and even out pigment and skin tones. In this case, to reduce scar appearance, we love to resort to Helichrysum- italicum a well known cicatrisant along with skin loving, blemish reducing Elemi and Patchouli. Rosemary has an ability to reduce skin bacteria and heal skin. One simple thing to pay attention to is to be sure that the scar has completely healed over before you apply this oil blend, a wound must be fully healed from the inside before using this blend, otherwise bacteria can get trapped causing an infection.
- Certain carrier oils have an ability to help reduce the appearance of scars so for this DIY blend we certainly recommend a carrier oil or two that you can use to make your own Scar massage oil. Some of our favorites to employ are Rosehip oil or Hemp Seed oil since they contain components that help to heal skin called fatty acids. These fatty acids are best preserved in a cool environment so consider extending their life by storing your DIY project in the refrigerator. By using one or a combination of the above carrier oils, and blending in 15-18 drops of Scar Therapy blend, you will be well on your way in having the glowing and blemish free skin you so painstakingly love and care for.
- Our skin loving Scar Therapy Blend contains skin nurturing Elemi a yellow-golden resin expressed naturally from the tree that is a superstar for scars, Turmeric used in low dilutions helps to protect skin, Frankincense- Carterii well known for its affinity to aid complexion in skin care routines, Rosemary,- Moroccan of the cineole variety that has a natural purifying effect on skin. A few drops of Patchouli - Dark can produce a glowing and radiant complexion and Helichrysum- Italicum which is well known for its skin healing and cicatrisant abilities as well as its rejuvenating effects on aging skin.
- Fully healed scars disappear fastest the sooner you can get to work on them. For newer scars, this means beginning your treatment as soon as the scar has healed. With diligence, a new scar can be nearly discernable in as little as a few weeks to a few months. Important note: It is not recommended to start using this oil blend before the skin has healed as a wound that heals on the outside before healing on the inside can trap bacteria and germs causing an infection. It's a little more difficult to fully heal and reduce older scars. Changing their appearance over time can potentially take years of diligent work. For best results and for either new or old scars we recommend making a topical skin healing blend with 1 oz of carrier oil by blending it with 15-18 drops and massage it directly into the scar area 3-4 times a day. We also highly recommend performing a skin patch test on the inner arm when using a new essential oil topically to rule out any adverse skin reactions.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser’s product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
SCAR ERASER: To a 10 ml roll-on bottle, add 6 drops of Scar Therapy essential oil blend and fill to the top with Rosehip carrier oil. Roll over scars 1-2 times per day.
SALVE: Create a scar salve by melting 1 teaspoon of soy wax and 2 teaspoons of shea butter in a double boiler or microwave then add 3.5 oz of Moringa carrier oil. Remove from heat and add 60 drops of Scar Therapy. Transfer to a 4 oz container and let cool before applying a dollop to scars daily.