There is a certain coziness to the aroma of Vanilla Oleoresin. Think of fresh baked cookies or a rich cream sundae. Oleoresin Vanilla’s alluringly creamy aroma can allow stress to slip away.
Edens Garden’s pure, 100% natural Vanilla Oleoresin is 10 fold Oleoresin and is not technically an essential oil. We decided to offer Vanilla due to its lush and incredibly recognizable aroma that can almost immediately melt away worry.
Throughout history, Vanilla has been used in lotions, soaps, body and hair care products, incense, baked goods, and ice cream. Most perfumes that delight the senses have at least a few drops of Vanilla. Native to Mexico and Central America, the climbing plant reaches about 12 feet in height and has clusters of green and yellow flowers that develop into aromatic brown pods with tiny seeds inside. The seed pods are put through a solvent extraction method to capture the oil.
Here’s a fun fact: The Melipone bee, which is only found in Mexico, pollinates the Vanilla flower. In 1836, Charles Moran began hand pollinating the flowers so that Vanilla could be cultivated throughout the world.
Our oils are pure, contain no synthetic ingredients, fragrances, fillers, or toxic chemicals and come unfiltered meaning some resin from the vanilla bean and pod may be present after extraction. Our vanilla oil is ethically and sustainably sourced and GC/MS batch-tested to ensure its quality, safety and effectiveness. This does not affect the therapeutic benefits of the oil.
**Euro droppers are not included with 4 oz bottles**
Botanical Name: Vanilla planifolia
Method: Solvent Extracted
Plant Part: Bean/ Pod
Blends Well With: Coffee, Cocoa, Peppermint
Aroma: Sweet, rich, and similar to the aroma of Vanilla extract commonly used in baking
Color: Deep Brown
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Not soluble in a carrier oil, but in water up to 5%.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 4 Years
Vanilla Essential Oil FAQs
- Is Vanilla Oil Safe For Skin?
- When diluted properly, Vanilla oil is safe to use on the skin. We recommend a 2% dilution rate when applying Vanilla oil topically. To create a 2% dilution, combine 12 drops of Vanilla oil with 2 tbsps of water. You can store this mixture in a 30 ml empty amber glass bottle for later use or a 1 oz spray bottle for easy application and convenience. Now you have a safe and effective way of using Vanilla oil topically.
- Where To Apply Vanilla Essential Oil?
- Vanilla oil is one of the most cherished and welcoming aromas. As such, it makes a beautiful personal aroma. Once you’ve diluted your Vanilla oil, we recommend applying it to your pulse points, such as the inner elbows, neck, behind the knees or wrists. The pulse points give off a gentle warmth which helps to diffuse aromas making it an excellent area of application naturally.
- Is Vanilla Essential Oil Good For Sleep?
- Vanilla Oleoresin oil offers a soothing and sweet aroma that can help relax the mind at bedtime. When combined with other sedative oils like Lavender oil, it can help the user fall asleep and stay asleep with ease. To use Vanilla oil for sleep, add 6 drops of Lavender and 4 drops of Vanilla Absolute to an essential oil diffuser. Diffuse for 30 minutes leading up to your bedtime for a restful sleep. Note, we don’t suggest leaving your diffuser running throughout the night to prevent overexposure.
- Why Is Vanilla Essential Oil So Expensive?
- We’re often asked why Vanilla CO2 is so much more expensive than Vanilla Oleoresin oil. For starters, pure Vanilla–whether it’s an extract, oleoresin, essential oil or CO2–is expensive. The reason for this is that crop shortage and an inability to meet worldwide demands have made Vanilla planifolia a rarity. Not to mention, tons of vanilla bean is required to make a small bottle of oil. Therefore, Vanilla CO2’s demand over Vanilla Oleoresin, and a shortage of Vanilla in general, is the cause for our Vanilla oils’ dramatic price difference. What is the difference between Vanilla CO2 and Vanilla absolute?
- Is Vanilla Essential Oil Safe For Cats & Dogs?
- Vanilla essential oil can be safely used around cats and dogs when following essential oil safety guidelines for pets. When diffusing around pets, we suggest leaving the door open so they can leave if desired. It’s also recommended that you allow proper ventilation in the room where you’re diffusing, such as leaving a window open. We don’t recommend applying Vanilla oil to your pets topically. If in doubt, avoid using essential oils around your pet or speak with your pet’s vet.
- Can I Use Vanilla Extract Instead Of Vanilla Essential Oil?
- Vanilla extract has a similar chemical makeup to Vanilla essential oil and can be used in similar ways. For example, therapeutic grade vanilla extract can be used in body care for its sweet scent. However, please note that vanilla extract oftentimes contains alcohol which can ruin an essential oil diffuser. Also note that because Vanilla essential oil is much more concentrated than an extract, it should not be used in place of vanilla extract in baking or culinary use.
Apply Topically: Our Vanilla Oleoresin is 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute in water up to 5%. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
LINEN SPRAY: Add to a 4 ounce spray bottle: 5 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin, 5 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas), 5 drops of Blood Orange and 5 drops of Sandalwood, along with 2 ounces of Lavender hydrosol and 2 ounces of Ylang Ylang hydrosol. Shake well before misting over sheets and bedding to encourage a restful night’s sleep.
BODY LOTION: Add to a 4 ounce bottle with lotion pump: 15 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin, 10 drops of Peru Balsam, 10 drops of Tangerine and 5 drops of Patchouli; fill with unscented body lotion and shake to mix. Use as desired, after bath or shower. (2% dilution)
DRYER BALLS: Add 3-5 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin to a wool dryer ball or reusable dryer sheet to add a hint of aroma to your clothes.
CALM: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin, 5 drops of Buddha Wood and 5 drops of Blood Orange. Or add of this blend to your Thera Lux Diffuser and diffuse for 15-30 minutes before bedtime to encourage relaxation.
RELEASE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 7 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin, 3 drops of Jasmine and 5 drops of Sweet Orange. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Car Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
BODY MIST: To a 4 ounce spray bottle add 20 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin, 10 drops of Neroli, 5 drops of Sandalwood, 5 drops of Orange and Polysorbate 20 (manufacturer's recommended amount), then fill with witch hazel, distilled water or hydrosol. Shake well before spritzing on skin as desired. Refrigerate for an approximate shelf life of 2 weeks. (2% dilution)
MEDITATION BLEND: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin, 5 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas) and 5 drops of Rose. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Scent Ball aroma diffuser and diffuse for 15-30 minutes to create a calming space.
More from the blog:
- Essential Oil Alternatives: Solid Perfume DIY
- Daylight Saving: Essential Oils To Help You Deal With Shorter Days
- Red, White and Blue Essential Oil Blend for July 4th!
- DIY: Eden's Garden Essential Oil Infused Lip Balm
- 10 Essential Oils You've Never Used (and how to use them)
- VIDEO: Essential Oil Perfume Roll-On DIY
- DIY Essential Oils Aroma Stones
- EG's EO Guide To This Year's Music Festivals!
- Our List Of Thick Essential Oils And How To Use Them
- Our Favorite Woodsy Essential Oils + 3 Blend Recipes
- Blends To Welcome Fall
*Our Vanilla Oleoresin is water soluble. It will not dissolve in fixed oils and also does not completely dissolve in alcohol. We recommend using it up to 5% in your at-home projects. The strength of Vanilla Oleoresin’s scent requires only small amounts to produce a noticeable addition to blends and products.