6 Reasons Why You Should Switch To Natural Deodorant
Whether you’re running a marathon or just working in an overheated office, sweating can make you feel out-of-control. Nobody wants to get caught with sweat-stains or body odor but the dangers of anti-perspirants are becoming more apparent.
Many conventional deodorants contain parabens, triclosan and aluminum which may be harmful to your health. Instead of coating your body with chemicals, try the natural way. Here’s six reasons why you should make the switch to natural deodorant:
- Natural aroma: Unlike many natural deodorants that use essential oils to add an aroma to products, many conventional deodorants use fragrances. A blanket term for a range of chemicals, “fragrances” can cause allergies, organ system toxicity and irritation.
- No yellow stains: The aluminum in some deodorants can cause the underarm fabric on your clothes to turn yellow after prolonged use. Natural deodorants should wash out easily.
- Cruelty-free: Because many of the ingredients lack synthetic chemicals, natural deodorants are typically not tested on animals. Be sure to double-check each company you’re buying from to make sure they are committed to cruelty-free production.
- Less underarm irritation: While many conventional deodorants can clog your pores and cause discomfort, natural deodorant can actually make your skin softer and smoother.
- Essential oils: Most E.O. enthusiasts are aware of the superior aroma of essential oils, compared to fragrance oils. Essential oils have rich aromas that cannot be replicated synthetically. Make sure to read all the ingredients in natural deodorants to make sure the company uses 100% pure essential oils.
- Detox: Instead of conventional deodorants clogging your pores to prevent sweating, natural deodorants allow some perspiration so your body can get rid of toxins.