Charcoal Soap DIY
Activated charcoal is one of the hottest trends in the beauty world right now. Completely natural, it actively works to clarify, exfoliate and purify skin. You can use it from head to toe without drying out your skin. At EG, we know that almost any DIY can benefit from the incorporation of essential oils. To make your very own charcoal soap, follow this super-easy recipe.
What You Need:
1 pound of shea butter soap base
20 drops of Manuka essential oil
5 activated charcoal capsules
- Slice the soap into small pieces and melt with a double boiler.
- Scoop out a small amount of the melted soap into a cup and allow to cool.
- Once the small mixture has cooled, pop open the charcoal pills and mix in.
- Add the small mixture back into the melted soap.
- Allow the mixture to cool (but not harden) before adding the 20 drops of Manuka.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and refrigerate overnight.